What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Own Online Store

chartkor

Ok, my mom wants to make her own online store, to sell some of her products.
I am looking for good Canadian or US based online store platform. It does not have to be free, but not too expensive. I had one or two, when I was looking for it about a month ago, unfortunatelly I lost the adresses :/
Anyone can help?
PS:
No I don't want to HTML it on my own, store must be easy to use so mom can do stuff without my help. :biggrin:

JD

Staff member
I think most hosting providers have some "programs" you can install onto the web server which provide you with e-commerce capabilities. You could also go with like Yahoo! Merchant Solutions or something similar.

grinder

can't you get free space setting up an eBay online store?

JD

Staff member
can't you get free space setting up an eBay online store?
Good point, but you can't really customize that much (or I don't think you can). Depends what his mom is wanting to do I suppose.

Also I believe each listing costs money.

chartkor

ebay is too expensive. I expected it working same way as polish based allegro.pl, but it actually doesn't, and listings are expensive.
any other ideas gentlemen?
Edit:
I checked out the Yahoo solution and it is really nice, but:
Yahoo! Merchant Solutions is not set up at present to serve merchants outside the U.S. While international merchants may use Yahoo! Merchant Solutions, they should be aware of the following:

• Yahoo! Merchant Solutions' checkout systems are set up to compute currency in U.S. dollars only.
  • Merchants are required to either use a compatible merchant account, a PayPal Business account, or an offline payment processor to accept payments and many of these institutions will not accept applications for merchants without a U.S.-based billing address.
  • Merchants will be billed for transaction fees in U.S. dollars.
Maybe something what is Canada based? :canadianwave:

Last edited:

chartkor

Ok, I have next question, sorry for post under post.
Well, so I am just setting up my PayPal account, and I have some questions as my english is not perfect, and I have a hard time understanding complicated legal stuff sometimes. Can somebody explain what is it about?
8.5 Additional Fees
Activity
Fee
Currency Conversion 2.5% added to the exchange rate

The exchange rate is determined by a financial institution and is adjusted regularly based on market conditions. Adjustments may be applied immediately and without notice to you. Withdrawing your Balance $0.50 for withdraw to bank account of $149.99 or less. Free for withdraw to bank account of $150.00 or more. Chargeback The Chargeback fee applies at the time a Chargeback is filed for a payment you received and you are not eligible for PayPal Seller Protection. This Fee is based on the currency received as follows:
Canadian Dollar: $15.00 CAD
(I removed all other
currencies )
Thanks for any help

Last edited:

Latest posts

Twitter