What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

P5K-Deluxe Wifi/AP unable to see SATA

neurobashing

I have like the topic say this Asus board with the Beta BIOS 0501.

I have 2 WD Raptor 74GB SATA (WD740ADFD)
And for data/backup a WD 500GB SATA (WD5000YS)

This is the SATA connectors picture.
closeshotofsatalc2.jpg

From the manual the ports are
SATA1(Red) SATA3(Black)
SATA2(Red) SATA4(Black)
SATA5(Red) SATA6(Red)

I have try connecting my drive like this.
The 500GB is connected to the SATA3 (Detected in Bios)
One Raptor drive to SATA1 and the Second Raptor to SATA2 (None of those 2 are detected in the Bios)

The board is currently using the default bios settings (IDE mode) and I have try using AHCI but same problem.

Is there a specific ports where I should connect the 2 raptors drive if I am looking to configure those in RAID 0.

Again from the manual it say's
Connector-------Color---Setting--Use
SATA1/2/5/6----Red----Master---Boot Disk
SATA3/4---------Black--Slave-----Data Disk

This is why I have connected the 2 raptors on 1 & 2 and use the 500gb in 3 but I can only see the 500GB so SATA3 in the bios.

Anyone knows what's the way to get them detected in bios?

I am using a IDE DVD/Drive

Last edited:

neurobashing

I understand it does but when using the default bios config there configure as IDE so there is no driver needed and still I am unable to detect the Raptors drive located in SATA1 & SATA2 and thats using IDE mode it only show the 500gb drive connected in the SATA3 port.

Is there specific SATA ports I should be using since I would like to get RAID 0 for the 2 Raptor drive and use the 500gb as a Backup/Data drive or is using SATA1 & SATA2 with the 2 raptor that will be RAID 0 and SATA3 for the 500GB is correct?...pretty sure it's not since 1 & 2 don't even show up in the bios.

Last edited:

Sameer

Try entering the raid configuration. I had to hit F10 and manually detect my drives on my 680i. I was using two raptor 150's in raid 0 configuration. Hope this helps...

sswilson

Staff member
I stand to be corrected, but I'm not sure you can run raid functions while in IDE mode.

neurobashing

I use IDE mode since the first thing I would like to see is that my raptor drive get detected in the bios untill I can see them in the bios I aint gona change the IDE to RAID mode since it's pointless they arent detected.

IDE mode is currently used only untill I can see my 2 raptor in the bios

enaberif

Hate to tell you but this board is really bad for this, I had a incident today where I had to rma this board twice before completely changing it for something else.

Your experiencing the common problem with this.

Dus

This is the reason I'm not getting this board. I keep reading about people and their RAID problems. Forget that sh*t!