What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

P5Q-E No beep, no display, stuck and confused

Zamundaman

Last night after a long night of St patrick's celebration i stumbled home, and switched off my computer from the power source.
This morning when I turned it back on, there was no display and no beep. All the fans came on, including the MB's own LED lights. It shuts off after about 5 seconds, and reboots again, no beep or display. I'm lost, any suggestions?? Could it be a dead CPU, or corrupt CMOS?
Spec: Asus P5Q-E
DDR2x2gb OCZ 800Mhz
EVGA gtx260

I just got to work, but I don't have a backup PC at my place right now, so I need to get all my info here before i can try it @ home.

Soultribunal

Staff member
What PSU do you have running in there?
Perhaps it has a Dead Rail or something?

Did you Power it down from Windows or just turn it off without a safe shutdown?
That could have caused something to be corrupt.

Regards,
ST

The MAX

I have a P5Q-Pro and had a similar issue. Turned out to be a finicky video card. If you can get another one to test I'd do that.

Zamundaman

If it is a dead PSU why does it turn on? Can the PSU be dead and still push power through the MB.
More details: When i had hit the power button, I had placed the system in sleep mode. It had crashed. Also had ipod plugged into fron USB port (who's connector is plugged into the MB through cables).

Soultribunal

Staff member
A Failed PSU can sometimes still push enough power to start the whole bootup process and as soon as enough load is on the +12v rail it fails and restarts.

Have you unplugged that iPod from the USB port when you tried to restart this system?
I know for my my wifes system for some damn reason her Dell would Crash/ BSOD when her iPod was plugged in when she restarted.
If that turns out to be the issue, change your BIOS Config to BOOT from a USB device last.

Just another thought at least,

ST

Zamundaman

When the system failed to boot, i unplugged all non essentials, only left with DVI into vid card, PS/2 keyboard and USB mouse. Still nothing, no beeps on boot up or ANY display at all. I am scared most of all it could be a dead CPU or MB, but the MB seems to have all the correct LEDs, so it leaves CPU, RAM, or VIdeo Card. But The GTX260 is generally new and never OCed or pushed to the limit. I hope it's just a simple matter of clearing bios, but I doubt i'd have it that easy with way it shuts off after several seconds.

brush

Zamundaman - did you manage to solve this? I now have the exact same problem with my P5Q-E after it was in sleep mode! Any advice?

Latest posts

Twitter