What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

P8P67-PRO - BIOS seems screwed

Mayoo

Hi all,

Following the switch from dual 570s to a single 1070, my BIOS started to act strange. I know it shouldn't matter, but that's the timing. So far, I've noted the following issues:

• USB Power is not working (when off)
  • Mouse isn't working anymore in BIOS (G700s)

I also noted some strange things in windows (10), the time settings was completely screwed. Auto timezone off, accurate time off (had to on/off to get it correct). I also had a lot of problems with the store (see my gears of War 4 rant in "Gaming").

So basically, everything was running smooth but a lot of small things began to break after that switch. I tried clearing CMOS and tried windows restore to prior the card change.

Next step is to create a win 10 install USB stick (which also failed when I tried the first time), reformat and reinstall the whole thing clean.

Anyone has any suggestion as to why all of this would have occurred?

MARSTG

A clean install would be your best bet. The 1070 has uefi bios most probably which probably interferes with your classic bios on the P67. I would replace the CMOS battery just as well.

Mayoo

A clean install would be your best bet. The 1070 has uefi bios most probably which probably interferes with your classic bios on the P67. I would replace the CMOS battery just as well.
I'm gonna need more info on this. So the clean install will help that's for sure. But I already did a CMOS clear (remove battery, put back battery after a few moments). So if the 1070 interferes, would it no interfere forever regardless of all the clean install I just did?

MARSTG

It might just as well. Looks like you might need a more recent mobo and CPU combo. Smells like upgrade!

Coach

Do your issues clear up if your revert back to the 570's? I have a number of computers, one of which uses a P8P67 Deluxe. Currently it has a 980 in it but I have also used a 1070 in there. No issues for me.

MARSTG

This time is not Nvidia at fault but Micron? Shady components here? So what is the backup plan : a GTX980Ti? Do we expect another class action lawsuit against NV anytime soon?

Mayoo

I actually called Nvidia asking them if only micron memory was used. Past the first Samsung batches, it seems so. I have to say I am dissapointed. It probably won't affect my experience further than my current BIOS problems. Let's see how it goes in the future.

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Latest posts

Twitter