What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

P8z77-V Pro Issues

souster

I have the p8z77-V pro. Had problems with it, and they fixed one issue by changing the bios chip.

I believe they put in a THUNDERBOLT Bios-chip opposed to the original, and now when opening my original motherboard support cd, half of the drivers i had originally seen, don't appear.

Just curious if this is even possible?

Pros / cons to this,

And would i have to start using THUNDERBOLT drivers?

Thanks

BryceBooth

You don't have to use ThunderBolt drivers unless you actually plan to use ThunderBolt-equipped devices. I looked at that board online and noticed that Asus has two models available, one with ThunderBolt and the other without and $40-50 less.
As with all boards, you are better off downloading the latest drivers from Asus' website. What kind of problems were you experiencing with the board?

souster

You don't have to use ThunderBolt drivers unless you actually plan to use ThunderBolt-equipped devices. I looked at that board online and noticed that Asus has two models available, one with ThunderBolt and the other without and $40-50 less.
As with all boards, you are better off downloading the latest drivers from Asus' website. What kind of problems were you experiencing with the board?

I purchased the original p8z77-v pro motherboard. I had the latest driver installed.

Now, after they switched the bios chip, i'm looking at a different bios version. One that is only displayed in thunderbolt driver list (On asus site) - "version 1401" or something - leading to my conclusion they put in a thunderbolt bios chip.

Now i'm having issues with my LAN. : /

Latest posts

Twitter