What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Painting my case: how do I stop paint from scratching off?

donkon

dupli color car, truck van black flat paint. and couple coats of self etch primer. Damn expensive too, cost like $16 for the primer and $30 for the dupli color paint

gingerbee

dude what the hell that's crazy pricing if you can find an autobody place get it there. i am in orillia and i can get plasti-kote (jmo the best there is) for 10 bucks a can and primer for 7 dollars a can you are getting takin ( and dupli is crap in my opinion when you compair it to real car paint)

gingerbee

at that price why would anyone paint there own case just buy one. sorry i am just flabbergasted the begging of the summer i painted a atx case the mirror black 3xcans of black+ 1can of primer + 2 cans of clear at my pricing cost me just over 60$ with some sandpaper. what your paying over 126$
3xcans black =10 $ each
1xcan primer = 7 $ each
2xcans clear coat = 10 $ each

artistpavel

dupli color car, truck van black flat paint. and couple coats of self etch primer. Damn expensive too, cost like $16 for the primer and $30 for the dupli color paint

In one of the mnpctech videos they say the certain primer (or paint) has to cure for X amount of days to touch, maybe that's why it scratches. I'll try to dig the video.

gingerbee

yes the longer you let it cure and "harden" and did you put a clear coat on it and even after that you still have to be careful

donkon

i let it dry outside in the sun for 2 days on primer but only waited about a day with the paint. Anyway, by $30 i meant 3 cans of $10.. The primer was a ripoff, but people where stressing it must be self etch and they only had one at ct. It was grey self etch primer $16

gingerbee

and drying paint in the sun will bleach it out even clear coat. oh and you need to use the right self etching primer it makes a world of difference. and thanks for clearing up your cost cause at first i thought you had lost the plot ha ha have funny painting and you will be amazed at what you can come up with

CroSsFiRe2009

Hmm..aside from stopping it from scratching, how do you stop it from smelling? Painted a case with krylon 4 weeks ago and it STILL smells of paint fumes.

gingerbee

i have found the longer you wait the better. and watch the first time i used the polish wheel i went through the paint lol great video too