What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Painting....

ChuckleBrother

Looking for informed opinions backed by experience only please, guesses are nice but I need hard confirmation.

I am looking to change the colour of my motherboard heatsinks and anodization appears to be out, is there any sort of powder or standard wet painting method that won't destroy the cooling capacity of these sinks? Judging by the looks of them they seem to be more for show than anything(basically just a solid block of aluminum).

Help:sad:

Zero82z

Banned
You can't paint a heatsink. If you aren't able to anodize it then there's no way to change the colour without greatly hurting its cooling ability.

mo' power

I haven't tried this but if your heatsink is silver and does not have a clearcoat on it, you could try colored felt markers.

JD

Staff member
Maybe consider attaching a thin piece of painted aluminum atop the original heatsink instead?

ChuckleBrother

Sigh, maybe I'll have to try figuring out home anodizing if there isn't a better solution

Latest posts

Twitter