What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Partition on External HDD has disappeared

Jared11

Does anyone know a cure to recovering an external HDD partition which is no longer accessible? When the hardrive is connected via usb, both partitions show, but the culprit partition is shown as if never used in windows explorer, and has no storage meter below it. When I click to view the contents of the drive, it asks me to format the drive before use.

I haven't done anything recently to corrupt the drive as far as I know. Does anyone have knowledge of any software or possible procedures I should go through in order to recover the drive? I have a butt-load of music, home video and school work on the bad partition. Thanks fellow canucks!

(It's an ADATA 500GB, and I use Win7 64bit on all of my systems for future reference)

Jared

Jared11

I'll give that a shot. We have about 8 comps in the house, so hopefully one of them can access the partition. I'll let ya guys know how it turns out

Jared11

I tried other computers, and it seems the same with all of them. They recognize one partition, but the other "must be formatted before use."

Latest posts

Twitter