What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

PC Build - first time! Simulation!

Mike

For a basic build I've always been partial to the look of the coolermaster cases.

This one's $35 bucks after rebate.....

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Centurion 532 RC-532-SKN1 Black Aluminum bezel, SECC chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

I know somebody local who built a system with the 534 and he verified that the 1950pro fits no problem. (same dimensions).

Thanks a lot buy the way :thumb:
That case looks very good for me.
So ia have to buy two more funs and PSU?
Should i look at Zalman and Thermaltake and FSP for PSU?

If i want try OC (i cannot just ignore this after all these studies) should i change anything in this configuration signficantly?

sswilson

Staff member
I think you are right about the price. But for this sapphire again people mention "heat" problem.

Yes they had a problem with some of the first batch that went out, but I'm on my 3'rd card (first one had the vrm overheating problem and was returned for rma, second one worked fine but my water block leaked and took it out) and the last two were fine.

I'm running an OCZ GameXstream 600W PSU on a heavy Overclock and it powers this vid card fine.

(You could also have a look at SKYMTL's 500W psu review on this site to give you some pointers).

Last edited:

Mike

For $42CAD + taxes and shipping, this case:

BTEcomputer.com - Best prices, best services on computer systems, parts and accessories!!!

has got to be THE BEST cheapo special I have ever purchased for a build. My PC is nearly silent now and my temps are awesome. I even fit the 92MM Noctua heatsink in there under that monster fan. I cannot recommend it highly enough for a strict budget.

i have nothing against this case except probably fan's lights and i couldn't find it on newegg

sswilson

Staff member
You're going to have to dig deeper on the PSU.

The FSP looked promising until I went to the fortran site... newegg has it listed wrong... it's a 450W with a peak of 500W.

The coolermaster only lists as 16A on the 12V lines, and too many folks have had problems with the thermaltakes for it to be a good recommendation.

I know it seems like a lot of money for a quality PSU, but the first thing you're going to be asked if you have problems with any of your build (especially the vid card... they're power hungry) is what your PSU is.

sswilson

Staff member
Having a look through the new-egg site and the psu's I'm seeing are all $110+.

If that's going to be a problem, maybe we should look at a different vid card (the 1950pro is a bit power hungry for a high-midrange card).