What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Pc build Is this good enough for a gaming pc will also use it to stream. Please help.

moocow

What's your budget and which country are you in? I don't stream so I'm not exactly knowledgeable in this area. However, I think it need some improvement.

1. Need a SSD for OS and game drive. Even a SATA based SSD is a lot better than the spinning drive.
2. Q300L's big brother Q500 didn't get a great review so I don't expect the Q300L to be any better.
3. I would trade that PSU with something else as the original manufacturer is CWT which don't have a great rep.

FreeKnight

You don't need 2 SSDs. You should however have your games and OS on one SSD and can have an HDD for storing files, movies, music or older games. The load time difference is phenomenal between an SSD and an HDD.

Depending on the resolution you're gaming at you might need a beefier GPU. At 1080p 60Hz you're fine, albeit you won't be playing all games at max settings, but if your monitor is 1440 or higher or over 60hz, I'm not sure a 1660 is enough.

Izerous

Folding Team
The games you're intending to play also mater a lot, if you play only lol for example or dota or something those games are not exactly taxing on a system. The more details you can provide about your intentions the easier it is to provide feedback especially when considering budgetary constraints.

JD

Staff member
If you are only needing 1TB of storage, then yes, getting a 1TB SSD instead is a better choice. There's a lot of affordable options out there now. The Intel 660p might be the cheapest decent choice.

You could possibly look at going with a RX 580 instead of the 1660 too if you need to save a bit to offset the SSD cost. I think the performance is similar with all the driver updates AMD has done.

Corsair RAM is usually a little more expensive than other brands, so you might be able to save a bit there too.

moocow

With your budget, this is what I came up with before VAT.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor (£111.98 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (£64.99 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (£72.26 @ CCL Computers)
Storage: Intel 660p Series 1.02 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (£97.97 @ CCL Computers)
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 580 8 GB ARMOR OC Video Card (£168.96 @ Box Limited)
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case (£42.94 @ Box Limited)
Power Supply: SeaSonic EVO Edition 620 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (£69.98 @ CCL Computers)
Total: £629.08
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-03 17:32 BST+0100

Reactions: JD

MvP_Tsunami

If you are only needing 1TB of storage, then yes, getting a 1TB SSD instead is a better choice. There's a lot of affordable options out there now. The Intel 660p might be the cheapest decent choice.

You could possibly look at going with a RX 580 instead of the 1660 too if you need to save a bit to offset the SSD cost. I think the performance is similar with all the driver updates AMD has done.

Corsair RAM is usually a little more expensive than other brands, so you might be able to save a bit there too.

What gpu should I get then?

moocow

I say go with RX580 8GB. It's a tad slower than the 1660 but not enough to justify the more expensive 1660. Sure the power consumption is higher for the RX580 but you aren't running it at 100% 24/7.

JD

Staff member
moocow's list is pretty spot on with what I'd suggest too. You can swap out for brands you prefer if you want, but I think that's pretty close to the best you can do with £650.

You might be able to find a Ryzen 2700/2700X on sale and possibly a RX590 on sale too if you want to bump things up.

Latest posts