What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

PC locks up after SSD and RAM upgrade

kpamir

Hey all

I recently upgraded my ram to 24 gbs and my SSD to 240gbs because I was in need of more ram for rendering purposes ( I do freelance 3d rendering work) and more main system space for installs.

The problem I am having is that the computer seems to just lock up whenever I am in Maya, or if the PC is left on for a long period of time it will lock up.

I have updated the motherboards BIOS to the latest update and I adjusted the ram settings.

My system is as follows

evga 560ti
intel 970
24gb Corsair Vengeance kit
240gb Force 3 SSD
120gb intel 510 SSD
x58 Sabertooth
h70 cooler
700D case
hx850 PSU
2tb WD storage drive
640gb WD storage drive.

The system boots without any issues, and is pretty stable when I am using it it is just there are random lock ups.

Any suggestions?

kpamir

Maya, and Nuke so far, I havent installed any other programs yet but so far the thing I use the most are giving me the problems :(.

I played around with the Diablo 3 Beta for a afew hours and that ran fine.... Gonna give it another shot.

I have a strong suspicion it might be my wacom drivers because they have been giving me errors that they couldn't load since upgrading.

Silent_Avenger

It does sound like a driver issue but you may also want to run memtest overnight since your memory is new it may have some problems that memtest could pull out.

kpamir

Well it just happened again but I didn't have Maya or Nuke running, and my Wacom driver was uninstalled.

Gonna run Memtest now. Hopefully that brings up any problems.

Latest posts