What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Pc on tv problems.

kyle_L

Well i bought a new 42" lg lcd tv last night and i pluged my pc into it and it looks great but the picture is streched past the edges of the tv, im loosing about 50 pixels all the way arround, my gpu is a gtx 460 is there any way to fix this, i never had a problem when i had a 5870 going to my old tv which was the same size. There is also a little image studdering on when watching something from the pc on the tv, but i think thats because is outputting only 60hrz and the tv is 240. Thanks to all who can help me. I will poat the modle of the tv when i get home.

JD

Staff member
Firstly, 240Hz is more of a gimmick than a feature IMO. You won't be able to output from the PC at 240Hz and have the TV display it. The TV just has some convertors of sorts to take a 60Hz signal and simulate 240Hz. Usually there's a couple settings for this feature and even to disable it. That'll fix your image stuttering.

The other problem, you'll have to look in the NVIDIA control panel for something about overscanning/resize your desktop. Seems by default NVIDIA has chosen to overscan too much (good for CRTs) which is why you're loosing your image off the screen.

Tristan

my htpc has a zotac mobo with built in nvidia graphics and does the same thing. I don't know if the display options are the same but I first have to change my resolution from 1280*720 pc to 1280*720 HDTV, then resize it to fit (ends up being some weird res (1212*676... odd 720p toshiba)

Latest posts

Twitter