What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

PC P&C Silencer MKII 950

mo' power

I need to pick up a new power supply in the next day or so as I believe mine is failing. Is there any reason not to buy the PC Power&Cooling Silencer MKII 950? If it of dubious quality, I'll go with a better choice. I read the Hard OCP review. They weren't overly enthusiastic but they gave it a pass. Any input would be appreciated.

sswilson

Staff member
Because we shouldn't reward companies who purchase the rights to good products just so they can lower the quality bar?

mo' power

I was reading up on that. I haven't really been keeping up with power supplies. My question is even though it comes with a 7 year warranty and the price is right, if it goes, will it take some of my components with it? If I had money to burn I wouldn't hesitate to go Antec, Silverstone or Corsair. I'm kind of in a bit of a cash crunch right now. If it's a piece of garbage, I'll wait a few more days and get something better.

Soultribunal

Staff member
Silverstone Strider Plus, or Plus Gold (I've had 2 now going since they were first introduced and they are going strong).

Kingwin Lazer Gold, or NZXT Hale 90 (if you can find them).

Anything Corsair or Seasonic as well.

The Silencer is a ghost and shell of what PCP used to be, it is not worth the money. And I personally won't support a company who took a good PSU maker and hollowed them out to crap like their own FSP lineup.

ST

mo' power

I guess that answers my question. I was looking at the strider 1000-P. I prefer modular anyway. Too bad it's not on sale anywhere.:sad:

Latest posts