What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

PC Router

BrainEater

:biggrin:

No file sharing.

At the time I put er together , a 120 GB was the smallest HDD I could get locally....I also do have an IDE>CF card for it , but I went with the HDD because I wanted a dual boot with backtrack 2....

:thumb:

JD

Staff member
I'm going to give all these a shot today since I got nothing to do :whistle:
  • Smoothwall
  • Astaro
  • M0n0wall
  • pfSense
  • IPCop
I'm hoping one of them supports MLPP as that would be extremely helpful for when I move to TekSavvy...

Something that runs off a USB drive would be even better but I don't know if the board I'm using supports it or not.

lcdguy

I'm going to give all these a shot today since I got nothing to do :whistle:
  • Smoothwall
  • Astaro
  • M0n0wall
  • pfSense
  • IPCop
I'm hoping one of them supports MLPP as that would be extremely helpful for when I move to TekSavvy...

Something that runs off a USB drive would be even better but I don't know if the board I'm using supports it or not.
Just so you know monowall can be run off flash media as long as the computer can boot from it :)

JD

Staff member
Well I couldn't get Smooth Wall or IPCop working. Not too sure why...

I killed my Astaro install by mistake...

m0n0wall and pfsense I got running fine, both seem to be alright though neither has MLPP (least I couldn't find it). Might be possible to hack it in though but I have no idea how to go about that.

Might just have to give in and get a Linksys router with Tomato firmware.

Latest posts

Twitter