What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

PC seems to loc up randomly now: 2500k finally getting tired?

TTC

Well for whatever reason my pc is locking up. I'm assuming maybe the 24hr OC on my 2500k has finally tired it out. Should I increase voltage some and hope for the best? Is this a normal thing? Its pretty old now.

Bond007

How high is the OC? other components OC as well? temps?

You could always try everything back to default and see if it still locks.

Groove

What's the voltage you're running it at?

As Bond said, try everything back to default speed first.

Ozzfest05

Well for whatever reason my pc is locking up. I'm assuming maybe the 24hr OC on my 2500k has finally tired it out. Should I increase voltage some and hope for the best? Is this a normal thing? Its pretty old now.
If it's locking up wait and see if it eventually blue screens. I have had this happen where it takes a while to bsod.

I had a wireless card driver lock up my computer constantly . Took me a while to figure out.

Boot into safe mode and run prime 95 for an extended period of time. If it doesn't hard lock in safe mode it may be a driver / software issue.

If it does lock up load into bios and take note of settings. Load defaults. Load windows stress test. If all is good load back into bios and reload your oc but add a slight voltage bump or decrease by 100mhz.

Xeon123

Have you tried reinstalling windows? When you say it locks up do you mean it goes to the lock screen?

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Latest posts

Twitter