What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

PC shutdowns and reboots under load or during games

kingferp

I recently upgraded my pc with a new mobo, CPU, GPU, and RAM

Here is the componentlist;
Core; Intel i7 3770k
mobo; MSI Z77A-G45
RAM; Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB
GPU; XFX Radeon 7970 Black Edition
PSU; Techsolo GTP-680 (680W)
OS; Windows 7 Ultimate

After installing the OS I downloaded and installed AllBenchmark and started running it at 720p, after a minute or so the system shut down and rebooted.

So I decided to run the benchmark again this time monitoring the temperatures. The cpu temperatures never exceeded 60 °C and the GPU ditdn't get any hotter than 70°C untill the shutdown.

After this I tried running stresstests, first I tested the CPU, which runned perfectly there was no shutdown. secondly I tested the GPU first with FuMark than with MSI Kombustion,

The Furmark burn-in runned on 720p with 8xMSAA with a constant temperature of 72°C, with no shutdown.

The MSI kombustion Xtreme burn-in test ran smoothly at 720p with a constant temperature of 75°C, with no shutdown

But when I ran the MSI kombustion Xtreme burn-in test at 1680x1050 (maximum screen resolution) the system shut down and rebooted again.

The PC also shutsdown when I try playing games like bioshock infinite, where it crashed during the main menu.

AC3 however ran smoothly for about 5 minutes but after I decided to quit the game, the system crashed during the process of quitting to the main menu.

I am totaly lost here can you guys help me out?

kingferp

Replacing the PSU seemed to fix the problem. So I guess we learned you shouldn't buy a techsolo PSU.

Twitter