What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

pc wont show image on monitor

ZZLEE

Clear CMOS

Unplug the computer/ look fore the battery on the mputherbord / pull it out/ wait 5 miniutes / ( if you have a multimeater check tha the battery has voltage shoud be 1.5 V ) / put it back in and plug computer in and "see if we have joy"

If this works you will have to reset some things up in BIOS after so find out how to get into ACER bios.

Galcobar

Given you've swapped pretty much all relevant hardware except the mobo -- and others have suggested courses in regards to that item -- I'll just ask: did you try a different monitor cable?

sswilson

Staff member
Have you tried connecting to the onboard vid? It's possible that the bios is reset to default (onboard) and that it won't recognise the discrete graphics card until you get into bios.

ZZLEE

ACER does not have the best rep.

I saw one of these on Ebay on the same coditon as yours trying to be sold 75 $

Now you go to board or chip or ram

Think is it cheeper to buy/ build a whole new system and are any of the parts in this system worth salavaging.

Salvage list: Hard drive
card reader
Optical drive
Vidio card
Case( maybe)

You have to buy or find borrow from frends parts to swap in and out to find the problem. Boards /cpu /ram

Look on places like KIJIJI or Used (your cittty) you can probaly find a cheep good or bettter computer that will fit your need or one that only neeeds a few things to become realy good.

I think Its time to buy a new good coputer if you can get the mony togetther, :biggrin:

sswilson

Staff member
Yep I've tried a different cable and monitor set up that I know works. I really think the monitor is done.

Did you take the discrete card out of the rig when you tested the onboard?

I thought you tried with a different monitor already.........

If you're still not getting a signal to the monitor, then chances are there's something motherboard/memory related going on that's not allowing a post. If there's no speaker already hooked up, you might want to check to see if you can find the pin-outs for the motherboard front panel connections and hook up a speaker in order to be able to hear the beeps.

ZZLEE

If your graffics card on your good computer can handel it hook up the moniter to the good computer.
You can have it furthe away by using Vidio over LAN cables and mouse and USB over LAN. If you want it in anouter spot.

Or buy a lappy :biggrin:

Latest posts