What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Pci-Clock help

Dashock

Hi there this is my rig

mobo:Asus A8n-Sli Deluxe
cpu:Amd X2 939 4200 @ 2.6ghz
ram:2GB(2x1GB) Ocz Performance 3200 DDR@1T
gpu:XFX 8800GT 512MB Alpha Dog Edition
hdd:Seagate 500GB SATA2 7200.11
psu:Ocz Gamestream 600Watts
disp:Samsung 32inch Lcd Hdtv
case:Thermaltake Matrix <o:p></o:p>

Now when i enter Bios it gives me an option for PCI-CLOCK Sychronization an options are clock to cpu, 33mhz, and another option my rig is overclocked so am i supposed to keep that at 33mhz or another setting thanx a lot for replies

tzetsin

Dude, you would probly get more help in the overclocking help section with this question.

I'm no expert but from what i understand if you clock with the cpu, you'll be overclocking your pci bus, but if you set it to 33mhz (pci default clock) you'll NOT overclock the bus, more than likely keeping it at 33mhz will increase your stability during overclocking because it may fail before the rest of your system. when overclocking your max overclock is set at your weakest part, and since your not going to gain any noticable impovment overclocking a pci bus, its best just to eliminate the possible weakness before you start by locking it at default. same goes with your pcix and your ram, set everything at default, then ramp your processor to its max, then ramp up your ram to its max, then pcix if you like too, though i keep mine default (mostly because i see no noticable benifit to overclocking the pcix bus) hope this post doesnt come too late.

Latest posts