What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

People from MTL I need your help

FlyingFish

So my little sister is heading to Montreal for school in the fall, and she'll need to pick up a few things for her dorm. Since I've never been there, but there are a bunch of guys on HWC who are from there, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good place to buy cheap blankets, towels, and random houseware stuff aside from Ikea.:haha:

thanks guys!

_dangtx_

Banned
costco if she has the membership card?

or zellers and such.

tell her not to go near any of the locals :D

zsamz_

she gotta chek out sales "fliers"
she can chek online for sales
sears had a crazy sale last week "wallet took a big hit"
if she stuk tell her to goto wallmart

Arinoth

Staff member
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Salvation Army or Value Village for great priced second hand items. As a student they have been a great place to pick up some fairly quality furniture, cookware, housewares and I know people whom even bought clothes from there. With Salvation Army all the money they make goes towards their charity, while Value Village buys all their items from I believe a Diabetes Society (so again supporting research/charities).

Remind her that she's a student and some of this stuff may end up getting throw out, abused or misplaced, and there is a lot less stress financially and mentally when this happens if was used, inexpensive and still good quality