What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

PERC H710P No Boot

moocow

I recently purchased a PERC H710P and stuck it in my Intel DX58SO board. However, the machine will not boot at all. I tried moving the card to a different PCI-E x16 slot with a Matrox M9140 PCI-E GPU or with a FX5500 PCI GPU but nothing. I then move the PERC card to an Asus Crossfire Formula IV with the PCI GPU and it would boot but can't get into the mobo's BIOS. This could be the video card or monitor unable to display the correct resolution. When I try a PCI-E GPU, it would also won't boot. Both of these mobos support 2xPCI-E x16 so in theory it should work since the RAID card is only x8.

Do I need to tape the PCI-E pin as some people has done with a H310?

moocow

OK, I taped pin 5 and 6 and it's booting. However, when I plug in my existing RAID 5 HDD from my dead LSI 92xx into the H710P, it say it found an existing virtual disk but seem to stuck at initializing the card. Is this normal?

moocow

OK here's an update. I plugged the PERC H710P into an Asus Crosshair IV Formula after taping the B5 and B6 pins. The machine boots and I can get into the RAID card's BIOS and it started to do background initialization. Install Windows the next day and after installing the drivers and BAM! all my stuff are there.

Basically, the card is not compatible with my older X58 motherboard.

Twitter