What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

performance issues

draemn

Been noticing a fair bit of stutter or poor performance over the last month or two (especially playing games in windowed mode). Has been a long time since I've optimized my computer so looking for some tips.

So far I've run CCleaner, freed up some SSD space, my nVidia drivers I keep up to date (I haven't found any over the last few months to be better than others).

I run bitdefender for my active anti-virus and I try to keep any startup programs/background to a minimum.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
You open chrome once it loads 4-5 instances which suck back anywhere from 10-90 mb of ram each. Also windowed mode is a huge pref hit as stated Even on my rig.

draemn

Nah, I do notice some poor performance if I run youtube (I use firefox) while playing in windowed mode, so I usually shut down the web browser entirely if I don't want stutter, but I still get some.

clshades

you shouldn't have any lag at all with your system. Even with things open. Did you happen to install any network control type software?

Just a thought... if you have a spin point drive for storage it might be fading on ya. I've had it happen to me many times and it's never the 1st thing we check. If you do try unplugging it and using your computer normally for a night to see if the lag goes away.

Last edited:

ZZLEE

" Defraggler " if the games on a HDD Hard Drive

SpeedTest ?? Whats your Ping to the rest of Canada.

Edit : Wired LAN to router if you can.

Last edited:

draemn

I do have some things on the 500GB Green drive, so I'll try to take a look into it, but I don't really have a good reference point to check the performance levels of it.

clshades

I do have some things on the 500GB Green drive, so I'll try to take a look into it, but I don't really have a good reference point to check the performance levels of it.

Just unplug it and run the programs that are lagging. If the lag goes away you may have found the.culprit

Bond007

I have heard quite a few times of people having random issues with the WD green. Let us know if its your issue.