What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Work in progress Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Star Trek 3-Way SLI ASUS Gaming PC

10e

Suh-weet graphix.

I just got my second shipment of white vinyl dye so I will try both the Dupli-color that I have and the VHT that I just received. I'm hoping one of them works. I've cleaned, dried and cleaned two guinea pig grommets again using isopraponal alchohol in preparation.

My white Enthoo Pro needs some special TLC. Speaking of which I just ordered that super-duper side panel from MNPCTech. My first order ever from you guys and outside of the cool case feet I got from F(u)CPU earlier this year only my second MNPCtech product.

Mnpctech

Awesome, look forward to checking out your build 10e! and Thank you!!!!! :biggrin:

As usual, I got pulled into a deadline vortex with another project, but I'll be back onboard with this project later this week. I've decided to keep the other side simple and just go with the LCARS style blue stripes. I'm going to relocate the Nimoy image to the Black top grill, so I can have planet Vulcan airbrushed in the background. I shared a peek of this case in my latest VLOG. I also share my 2nd version of the clear replacement side panel for Phanteks Enthoo Primo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBNfnGcL2i8

10e

No, thank you. I love the panel. I received it and tried it out. It definitely aids in case rigidity too, the only place where the Enthoo Pro is lacking (once the side plate and optical bays/HD cages are removed).

I tried out the vinyl dye and it didn't seem to work very well. It tended to flake after it cured. But there is a place up here in Toronto which sells off-white rubber dye which I'm probably going to try out.

The other option is, of course, to remove the grommets. But I'm going to try this stuff first. I plan to create a new PSU shroud out of 3/5mm acrylic with a hole on the top versus the stock Phanteks one.

Good luck, and subb'd!

WolfBane

Man that is sick as hell :)
loviong it :)
glad ya went with that version of graphic :)
that will def stand the test of time as far as being cool as hell :)

Mnpctech

@10e, So glad to hear you like it :biggrin: btw, Do you have a worklog? I'd like to check it out

@knucklehead, thats pretty badass view :thumb:

@Wolfbane, Thanks again for the post!

I debated in the workshop before cutting the sheet and decided the White ship matched the overall theme best. My friend, Brad Galvin has been a huge mentor in teaching me custom paint techniques. I spent Thursday in his paint shop masking off the templates for right side panel and PSU shroud. The Enterprise NC-1701 font was found online and we used Brad's Roland Vinyl plotter to cut everything. We colored matched the two tone Blue LCARS style color bars to my concept drawing.

phanteks_luxe_2_pro_star_trek_custom_paint_shroud.jpg

phanteks_luxe_3_pro_star_trek_custom_paint_shroud.jpg

phanteks_luxe_9g_pro_star_trek_custom_paint_shroud.jpg

The light Blue for the top LCARS color bar

phanteks_luxe_5_pro_star_trek_custom_paint_shroud.jpg

NCC-1701 vinyl will be weeded after Navy Blue paint coat

phanteks_luxe_6_pro_star_trek_custom_paint_shroud.jpg

phanteks_luxe_8_pro_star_trek_custom_paint_shroud.jpg

phanteks_luxe_9_pro_star_trek_custom_paint_shroud.jpg

Next stage is applying the Enterprise decal, then clear coating the panels. The Enterprise decal saved a lot of time versus making a stencil to airbrush by hand. It was printed with UV ink, and requires an enamel clear coat to seal it first with 24 hr cure time, before you apply Automotive Urethane clear.

'47 Knucklehead

Incredible!

How are you going to do the engine nacelle?

Are you going to have it totally over the stripe, or are you going to cut it and have the stripe over the nacelle?

Mnpctech

Over :)

Here is the PSU shroud with Next Gen Enterprise artwork, and left side panel artwork finished.

phanteks_luxe_9f_pro_star_trek_custom_paint_shroud.jpg

phanteks_luxe_9b_pro_star_trek_custom_paint_shroud.jpg

phanteks_luxe_9d_pro_star_trek_custom_paint_shroud.jpg

Latest posts

Twitter