What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Phoenix Coyotes purchase bid falls through as potential owner walks

Arinoth

Staff member
Perhaps Quebec may get a team soon enough. Hey Bettman, really successful run for teams moving to the states from canada after the dollar has leveled and a salary cap inacted.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
This is ugly indeed.

However, I am a firm supporter of the movement AGAINST moving a team to Quebec City. There is no way our idiotic government here should give anyone one damn cent to build an arena or fund a team. However, that's exactly what may happen. If that goes go down, I hope the NHL turns its back on the city and the billionaires-waiting-for handounts for good.

Let's see another team in Ontario!

ilya

This is ugly indeed.

However, I am a firm supporter of the movement AGAINST moving a team to Quebec City. There is no way our idiotic government here should give anyone one damn cent to build an arena or fund a team. However, that's exactly what may happen. If that goes go down, I hope the NHL turns its back on the city and the billionaires-waiting-for handounts for good.

Let's see another team in Ontario!

It's been how long since 1976? I find it hard to believe the system is still that bad. But I don't live in QC so I have no clue.

Arinoth

Staff member
Ultimately I'd love to see another team come back to canada, be it in Quebec or in the GTA. Lets just get the team out of no hockey pheonix

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
It's been how long since 1976? I find it hard to believe the system is still that bad. But I don't live in QC so I have no clue.

It's worse these days...but much of it is due to the Liberals scrambling for money to right the apple cart which the seperatists overturned years ago. Billions are finally being (re)invested health, infrastructure and the economy which is why many think spending $250 million on an arena with Quebecor's name on it is a waste of taxpayer's money.

Personally, I'm ok with putting a team in Quebec City if necessary taxpayer funded resources aren't being diverted.

chrisk

Folding Captain
Yep no taxpayer's money for sports teams. Wouldn't need it in the GTA for sure, and I hear it would be needed for Quebec City.

Latest posts