What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Photography thread --IMAGE INTENSIVE--

sswilson

Staff member
common Steve show us some better shots then Lowfat

or use canned air, clean paint brush to wipe particles away

Lowfat correct about the fine dust on objects need to clean them before snaps

Heh.... I don't think I've got the patience to even make an attempt. :)

As far as the canned air goes.... I've got a datavac, but I was taking these pics later in the evening after my better half had gone to sleep so I didn't really want to crank up the jet exhaust sounds.... :)

lowfat

Staff member
Water beading on the vans hood just after washing it last week.

ut9RdWQ.jpg

EDIT:

Took this this morning. This is a macro after cleaning up from soldering. That is solder droplets and rosin flakes.
T3vVV8I.jpg

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
typewriter.jpg

typewriter crop.jpg

Amazing texture on these older typewriters. Not sure if that's from the milling of the parts (I would have thought they'd be cast) or the application of the paint (pattern looks purposeful as opposed to the random effect you'd get from a paint application).

lowfat

Staff member
Can you get closer to the object? I'd bet it looks even cooler closer.

Picture of my headlights shining on the snow.
export-39.jpg

JD

Staff member
First time I've seen the beavers out at the Toronto Zoo, and it just so happened to do a little pose too! The lion also came right up to the glass too which was surprising so I got a nice close up shot.

Attachments

• IMG_2266.jpg
    IMG_2266.jpg
    550.4 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2443.jpg
    IMG_2443.jpg
    441.1 KB · Views: 74

sswilson

Staff member
Nothing fancy.... just playing with my wide angle lens....

untitled.jpg

That's at 11mm.

Here's a shot from down the hall to show how close the tripod is to the TBs to allow for a better idea of how wide that is (The hallway is about 3' across and the TB's cover 3 1/2' wall space).

untitled-2.jpg

One thing I have to keep reminding myself is that most lens profiles tend to crop a bit off of the image so I've got to learn to frame pictures a bit wider even though I'm trying to avoid cropping in post.

(oh, and while I'm at it.... Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays / Best of the Season to all! )

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
bluejay.jpg

Cropped, and at the outer limits of my Sigma 18-250.

I love the range the sigma gives me for a walk around lens, but every time I take an image that's maxed out on it I'm wishing I had the 70 - 300 attached.

JD

Staff member
I recently ordered the Sony SEL1670z (Zeiss 16-70mm f4) with the Sony/Zeiss clear filter to go with my Sony a6000. So far I'm really impressed at the colours that come out of it without any editing. Usually to achieve such a blue sky would need a polarizer, but whatever coatings Zeiss uses, seems to do that for me.

The bird, duck and rabbit pictures are center-cropped since 70mm obviously doesn't get close enough. The others are uncropped.

Starting to make me wonder if I need to lug around my Canon 80D anymore...

Attachments

• DSC01269.jpg
    DSC01269.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC01250.jpg
    DSC01250.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC01240.jpg
    DSC01240.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC01233.jpg
    DSC01233.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC01214.jpg
    DSC01214.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC01205.jpg
    DSC01205.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 27

sswilson

Staff member
Cropping as a normal part of the process is something I need to get my mind around. I'm still working on the premise that the finished product should be framed pretty much the way the shot was taken. I know that's not only wrong, but also limiting what kind of post production shots I can come up with.

Spent the largest portion of my walk about this morning with a Tamron 2.8 90mm. Trying to get used to the idea of composing with my feet as opposed to with the TP ring.

Flowers Pre Process.jpg
Flowers Post Process.jpg

Pre & Post processing (I suppose the initial one is processed as well since it has the lens profile applied). The processed one is by no means an accurate representation but I like how it came out as a background.

Latest posts