What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Pixel 6

JD

Staff member
Mines been fine now that I've got accustomed to it I guess? Muscle memory and all that. Used to pressing "hard" now too. Only fails lately are when my hands are damp or dirty. I don't think I've really noticed any difference from last week to this week.

I have index and thumb on both hands setup. Use my index finger when the phone is on my desk, thumb when I'm holding it in my hands.

Lysrin

Mines been fine now that I've got accustomed to it I guess? Muscle memory and all that. Used to pressing "hard" now too. Only fails lately are when my hands are damp or dirty. I don't think I've really noticed any difference from last week to this week.

I have index and thumb on both hands setup. Use my index finger when the phone is on my desk, thumb when I'm holding it in my hands.
Same set up as me. It works, but just not everytime, and a bit slow, and I guess I am spoiled by the Pixel 3. At least mine worked flawlessly and fast. Never had to think about it. Only thing that stumped it was wrinkled fingers after doing dishes! 😁

MARSTG

Reading the gsmarena review rn. Hmm, after reading reviews of both pro and non-Pro pixels, I would actually favor more the non-pro version. Do you guys find the new Tensor CPU gives you any advantage compared to other phones? I assume the S22 will also get the Tensor CPU. What irked me at Samsung before was both overpricing and leaving the customers high and dry with the software updates. From that pov, I will probably choose the Pixel 6 when the time comes. It would be a return to Google after a long break, from the times of Nexus 6, as I still have one around, I really loved that phone.

Last edited:

Lysrin

Reading the gsmarena review rn. Hmm, after reading reviews of both pro and non-Pro pixels, I would actually favor more the non-pro version. Do you guys find the new Tensor CPU gives you any advantage compared to other phones? I assume the S22 will also get the Tensor CPU. What irked me at Samsung before was both overpricing and leaving the customers high and dry with the software updates. From that pov, I will probably choose the Pixel 6 when the time comes. It would be a return to Google after a long break, from the times of Nexus 6, as I still have one around, I really loved that phone.
Hard to say whether or not the Tensor is an advantage over other phones. I don't have other phones to compare it to beyond my Pixel 3 :)

But I will say the Tensor in the Pixel 6 non-Pro I have runs very well. Everything is smooth. I don't do any significant gaming on my phone so can't comment on that performance. Google Assistant is more responsive than it was on my Pixel 3, but it still doesn't get all my requests right all the time. The speech to text done through Tensor is pretty impressive though. Works every bit as well as they said it would in the launch videos, at least in my experience. And its ability to understand punctuation, questions, etc. without me having to say "period" or "question mark" is a pretty neat feature.

I'm happy with the move from the Pixel 3 to the 6, no question (did I mention to in-screen fingerprint scanner annoys me? :p ). Its a pretty big step forward in my case, but the Pixel 6 line were the first Pixels that interested me enough to move from the 3 that was still really working fine.

I come from a long line of Nexus phones too :)

MARSTG

Looks like the S22 lineup is not getting the Tensor CPU, looks like Google wants to keep the advantage just for them.

JD

Staff member
Looks like the S22 lineup is not getting the Tensor CPU, looks like Google wants to keep the advantage just for them.
Samsung has Exynos already, just never made an appearance in North America. Wouldn't make sense for them to pay license to Google for Tensor.

Lysrin

Yes sorry I meant to comment on that in my post. I would have been surprised if Google sold the Tensor to anyone else in the short term. I'm thinking they are hoping it finally gives them an edge to sell more Pixels. To the tech informed it should. It made a difference for me purchasing. But for the masses? I don't think they really know or care.

chrisk

Folding Captain
@JD the Whitestone's are supposed to be removable. That said, not sure if the loca curing inside a crack would make it 'more' adhesive, similar to roughing up a surface to paint. Pulling the protector off with adhesive baked into the cracks might lead to more screen damage, not that I think of it.

@Lysrin you should have the update by now. For me, I have not seen much of an improvement in the FPS, and my reception has gotten worse. I'd say the December update has been a bit of a bust for me. I had to turn on Smart Lock to be able to get my device unlocked reliably. The main issue for me has been my right thumb..I just think that dry skin makes this sensor wonky.