What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Pixel 6

JD

Staff member
I certainly haven't had much luck with this Pixel 6 Pro... Today it slipped out of my jacket pocket onto the parking lot. I'm not certain how I scratched the screen but noticed that about 2 weeks ago, really deep scratches too cause you can feel it. Guess I should have stuck to the more compact size!

I suppose the case helped for today's drop, but now the case is basically ruined. There's a couple other marks on it too, but the 2 major spots are opposite corners with the leather peeling back now and the plastic case underneath partially exposed.

1637451005116.png

1637450997362.png

1637450989975.png

chrisk

Folding Captain
Contact Bellroy and see if they will do anything for you. They have a 2 year warranty and while that would be for defects, they might be nice about it with a brand new case.

When Whitestone releases their protector, I would try it as the loca they use might help hide those scratches.

Lysrin

I certainly haven't had much luck with this Pixel 6 Pro... Today it slipped out of my jacket pocket onto the parking lot. I'm not certain how I scratched the screen but noticed that about 2 weeks ago, really deep scratches too cause you can feel it. Guess I should have stuck to the more compact size!

I suppose the case helped for today's drop, but now the case is basically ruined. There's a couple other marks on it too, but the 2 major spots are opposite corners with the leather peeling back now and the plastic case underneath partially exposed.

View attachment 32981

View attachment 32980

View attachment 32979
Holy smokes that sucks @JD ! I am planning to put a screen protector on the 6 but as we said easier with the flat screen. I don't care how good gorilla Glass is supposed to be I still seem to scratch my screens.

Did you happen to get a protection plan? If you did that type of thing should be covered I think.

JD

Staff member
Contact Bellroy and see if they will do anything for you. They have a 2 year warranty and while that would be for defects, they might be nice about it with a brand new case.

When Whitestone releases their protector, I would try it as the loca they use might help hide those scratches.
Hmm yeah, I guess I can reach out to Bellroy, but I surely wouldn't be expecting anything. My fault entirely.

Have you used Whitestone products before? Sounds interesting at quick glance, was wondering if those liquid screen protector sprays would help too, but I doubt it. Not sure I'd want a screen protector though, especially since they sound finicky with the fingerprint reader. And if I was to put one on, I think I'd want it to be curved to match the screen too...

Did you happen to get a protection plan? If you did that type of thing should be covered I think.
Nope, cause why would I right? My other Pixels have all been in nearly perfect condition, and didn't even use cases on those...

chrisk

Folding Captain
Hmm yeah, I guess I can reach out to Bellroy, but I surely wouldn't be expecting anything. My fault entirely.

Have you used Whitestone products before? Sounds interesting at quick glance, was wondering if those liquid screen protector sprays would help too, but I doubt it. Not sure I'd want a screen protector though, especially since they sound finicky with the fingerprint reader. And if I was to put one on, I think I'd want it to be curved to match the screen too...

Nope, cause why would I right? My other Pixels have all been in nearly perfect condition, and didn't even use cases on those...
I had the Whitestone on my Pixel 2XL. Best protector I ever had. Expensive but it was worth it to me. I'm thinking the loca will help hide or minimize that damage, unless you were thinking of replacing the screen first.

Yeah, I'd say your chances of getting a new Bellroy are slim, but.no harm trying. Maybe they will toss you a coupon code, etc.

sswilson

Staff member
Did it say where it shipped from, or are you still waiting for the tracking info to update?

Lysrin

Did it say where it shipped from, or are you still waiting for the tracking info to update?
It is coming UPS, looks like from Mississauga. And UPS automatically switched it to hold at my preferred UPS pickup location, so that works. Little inconvenient but I would rather that than have it sitting on my front doorstep! Scheduled delivery is saying 1 Dec.

chrisk

Folding Captain
It is coming UPS, looks like from Mississauga. And UPS automatically switched it to hold at my preferred UPS pickup location, so that works. Little inconvenient but I would rather that than have it sitting on my front doorstep! Scheduled delivery is saying 1 Dec.
You should have all your apps installed and on your 3rd custom ROM by now. How you like it?

Lysrin

I'm still waiting to get it! It was delayed yesterday, and then finally delivered to the UPS location this afternoon. I couldn't get there today so hopefully Friday.

And... my custom ROM days are behind me at this point! lol

Latest posts