What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Playnite - Launch all your Steam, Origin, GOG, Uplay and Epic games from one launcher

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
So I came across this today https://playnite.link/ It's a open-source single launcher for all your games in one spot that integrates with Steam, etc. I'll be trying it out tonight as that's one of my pet peeves is all the different launchers I have to use to play the range of games I own.

I've currently got Steam, Origin, Battle.net, GOG and Bethesda launchers on my desktop and it would be SUPER handy to be able to start any game from a single launcher instead of having all these different ones. I'll report back, but has anyone else tried it?

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
How does it handle updates to play? Or is it just a launcher that launches the respective launcher? :dots:

JD

Staff member
GeForce Experience already does this too, maybe not the greatest, but similar concept.

enaberif

GeForce Experience already does this too, maybe not the greatest, but similar concept.

I would say that I don't install that... but its forced now... Stupid Nvidia.

Maybe I'll look into these two as I'm the same... tooooooooooooooooo many launchers.

FreeKnight

I just use Launchbox since it pairs well with Retroarch and other emulators and has the 'Big Box' option if you've gone premium which functions like Big Picture Mode in Steam

Of course if you don't use emulators why don't you guys just use the 'add a non-steam game to my library' function in Steam?

Vittra

I would say that I don't install that... but its forced now... Stupid Nvidia.

Maybe I'll look into these two as I'm the same... tooooooooooooooooo many launchers.

Forced in what way? I installed the latest Nvidia drivers without them. There was a radio button prompt that asked if I wanted to install Geforce Experience or not, I picked the one to avoid it and then the standard installer appeared where I could select what components I wished to install.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team

It does launch games that it has optimized profiles for. I have a few indie games I play somewhat regularly that don't appear in Geforce Experience (One Finger Death Punch anyone?).

FreeKnight

It does launch games that it has optimized profiles for. I have a few indie games I play somewhat regularly that don't appear in Geforce Experience (One Finger Death Punch anyone?).

I've noticed a lot of older AAA titles, even something like Mass Effect 2 (IIRC) doesn't have a Geforce experience profile.