What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Please help, is my motherboard dead ...!

tasteofglory

Hi all I'm new here. Heard alot of HC and thought I'd get some help here.

( sorry for my english I'm from QC )

My problem is I think my motherboard just died.. I switched my stuff to a new case and when I wanted to turn my pc on it went off right away..

The yellow light on my motherboard stays on when I connect my pc.. so theres power, the psu is not the problem because it works. When I try to turn on my pc the fans start to turn but stops after one second.. I really don't know what to do :S

My specs : My motherboard is new, not even a week old! AMD Sabertooth 990FX
CPU: Amd phenom II x4 965 BE
RAM: Kingston 8GB ddr3 ( 4x2 )
PSU: OCZ ModXstream-Pro 600W

If you need anything else to know please let me know, thanks guys!!

bonanza2000

I am not an expert but on my build I had the same problem and had forgotten to plug in a 4 pin power connector on the motherboard in addition to the 24 pin power connector. Hope that helps

great_big_abyss

I just have to make sure, but when you switched cases, did you install all the standoffs in the new case? There should have been eight (plus the pin that goes in the middle hole of your board)

Silent_Avenger

First thing you should do even though it's a pain is pull everything out of the case and set it on a piece of cardboard or on a table where metal contacts will not contact anything to short out(do not put it on an anti static bag). Hook up all your power connections and jump the start pins on the motherboard if it all works ok there's a problem with he case somewhere if not you have a hardware issue and will have to do further trouble shooting.

gingerbee

and if all power is connected then pull it and put it on the box and try booting best way to see whats up but sounds like a ground out problem happened to me many times with new cases lol :haha:

great_big_abyss

Standoffs are the little brass posts that thread into your case. They raise the motherboard up from the side of the case so that the motherboard doesn't short out on the side of the case.

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Latest posts

Twitter