What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Please help, is my motherboard dead ...!

dandelioneater

Might be time to: put in one stick of RAM only, check all power cables on motherboard, make sure video card is seated properly and has its power cables properly plugged in. Also remove all hdd's, and dvd drive. And are you using the speaker so you can hear any beeps during post? You want to just have the bare essentials installed to narrow down what the problem is.

tasteofglory

Might be time to: put in one stick of RAM only, check all power cables on motherboard, make sure video card is seated properly and has its power cables properly plugged in. Also remove all hdd's, and dvd drive. And are you using the speaker so you can hear any beeps during post? You want to just have the bare essentials installed to narrow down what the problem is.

Ok all power cables are connected properly so is the video card, unplugged hdd and dvd drive, used only one stick of ram and yes i use the speaker and i hear no beep at all

Ty for helping me out

Edit: just noticed the fan on the video card is not spinning

Last edited:

great_big_abyss

Can you take a picture of your motherboard with all connections as you have them and post it?

Try to take one of the motherboard in general, and include a close up of the front panel connectors, like this:

IMG_6835.jpg

enaberif

Ok all power cables are connected properly so is the video card, unplugged hdd and dvd drive, used only one stick of ram and yes i use the speaker and i hear no beep at all

Ty for helping me out

Edit: just noticed the fan on the video card is not spinning

No beeps from PC speaker means board is dead. :sad:

Alpine

Hi all I'm new here. Heard alot of HC and thought I'd get some help here.

( sorry for my english I'm from QC )

My problem is I think my motherboard just died.. I switched my stuff to a new case and when I wanted to turn my pc on it went off right away..

The yellow light on my motherboard stays on when I connect my pc.. so theres power, the psu is not the problem because it works. When I try to turn on my pc the fans start to turn but stops after one second.. I really don't know what to do :S

My specs : My motherboard is new, not even a week old! AMD Sabertooth 990FX
CPU: Amd phenom II x4 965 BE
RAM: Kingston 8GB ddr3 ( 4x2 )
PSU: OCZ ModXstream-Pro 600W

If you need anything else to know please let me know, thanks guys!!

Hey, don't worrie about your english. I am destructing english language in the last 2 or 3 years all over the forum. :shok: :ph34r:

BTW, the forum have very nice and helpfull peoples here.

Latest posts