What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Please help, is my motherboard dead ...!

tasteofglory

Hey, don't worrie about your english. I am destructing english language in the last 2 or 3 years all over the forum. :shok: :ph34r:

BTW, the forum have very nice and helpfull peoples here.

Thank you :) and yes I can see there is a really good support here :)! And for the ' no beep = dead ' i hope you are not right :( my mobo is brand new :/ !

The pics are coming soon

enaberif

Thank you :) and yes I can see there is a really good support here :)! And for the ' no beep = dead ' i hope you are not right :( my mobo is brand new :/ !

The pics are coming soon

If you have nothing plugged into your board and I mean nothing and you have a pc speaker hooked up and power on the board and you hear nothing.. board is dead.

great_big_abyss

Damn it, I was hoping against hope (no offense) that you had screwed something up connection wise, and wanted to verify it for sure with the pictures. But everything looks good connection wise.

You probably fried the board when you tried to turn it on while it was shorted on the case.

Looks like you're going to have to buy a new board. Bummer.

You can at the very least try to RMA the board. ASUS has one of the best RMA's in the business (one reason why I support them like I do). As long as you don't directly tell them what you did, they might take a 'don't ask, don't tell' stance. I would try that before going out and plopping $200 on a new board. It's worth a shot.

tasteofglory

Damn it, I was hoping against hope (no offense) that you had screwed something up connection wise, and wanted to verify it for sure with the pictures. But everything looks good connection wise.

You probably fried the board when you tried to turn it on while it was shorted on the case.

Looks like you're going to have to buy a new board. Bummer.

You can at the very least try to RMA the board. ASUS has one of the best RMA's in the business (one reason why I support them like I do). As long as you don't directly tell them what you did, they might take a 'don't ask, don't tell' stance. I would try that before going out and plopping $200 on a new board. It's worth a shot.

Yeah I think it's fried :( .. Okay then.. thank you for the help guys !

Silent_Avenger

Yea it's done since you say it's new you could try a DOA RMA or if you're within the exchange period for where you got it you could try that too. Btw the sabertooth 990fx is a great board I have one too. :thumb: Hopefully you're able to get that board replaced.

Latest posts