What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

PLEASE HELP - USB transfer rate very SLOW !!!!!

torque.vortex

I just built a new rig :-
CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS M4A88TD-V-EVO-USB3
GPU - XFX RADEON 5770 1GB
PSU - COOLER MASTER 550GX
COOLER - COOLER MASTER HYPER 212+
CASE - COOLER MASTER USP 100
HDD - 1TB Seagate SATA 3.0
RAM - OCZ gold 1333MHz 4Gb (2*2gb)

The problem is, im getting really low transfer speeds between the HDD and usb drives (slowest with my ipod) even though i'v tried connecting them to the USB 3 socket, and iv also tried changing the hardware settings of the Removable disks to Optimize Performance, but the transfer rate doesnt seem to increase at all, i get a transfer rate, roughly around 10mbps (~3gb in 5 mins). And while transferring around 50 gb from my ipod, it took almost an hour and a half, and even deleting stuff from the Removable disks takes a lot of time.
I'v even checked the BIOS settings, and the USB 2.0 is set to HiSpeed.

So have any of you guys with the same motherboard experienced the problem??
Any fix to this??
Where can the problem be?

Last edited:

Alpine

I'v even checked the BIOS settings, and the USB 2.0 is set to HiSpeed.

Do you have the setting for FULLspeed ?! If i remember right, on my P5K SE i need to put on FullSpeed

torque.vortex

FULLspeed is stated at only 12mbps, whereas HiSpeed is stated at 480mbps, so I din't bother trying that out.

Silvgearx

USB2 or USB3 don't matter, its probably your device. The larger the flash drive the slower they are.

torque.vortex

its the same with my ipod (80gb) and my 2gb pendrive, i even did some benchmark tests and the max read speeds i got was 15mbps and max write was ~14mbps

so where do guys think the problem lies?

Latest posts