What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Please Help, You Guys.

shayan288

Hello.
i have been having some trouble with my computer.
I have just recently built it and it was working fine for a couple of weeksand then this just happened. It will occasionally happen at approx 10 minutes it been on, it would just freez of it will just shutdown and sometimes will turn back on. it is really weird. I think it might be my power supply and so do my friends but I really need you guys' opinions and help. Here are my computers specs. :

Nvidia Geforce 8800GTX 768mb
E8400 P5Q mobo
4GB Ram
Coolermaster Real Power 650W ATX 12V V2.2 SLI Active PFC 80PLUS Power Supply 120MM Fan

That s basically it. Im not very smart when it comes to this so I would REALLY appreciate your input, opinion, and help. Thankyou for reading, guys. :)

sswilson

Staff member
Do you have another PSU you can swap in?

If it's on average 10 minutes from startup to shutdown it could be an overheating issue of some form... have you been monitoring cpu temps?

shayan288

<DIR>
I'm going to be getting another PSU from a friend, so I'll test that.
I doubt its an overheating problem. I have a TRUE on the CPU and load temps never go over 50.(Orthos)

</DIR>

sswilson

Staff member
Doesn't have to be just the CPU, could be poor application of tim on something like the NB, but it really does sound like a PSU.

encorp

<dir>
I'm going to be getting another PSU from a friend, so I'll test that.
I doubt its an overheating problem. I have a TRUE on the CPU and load temps never go over 50.(Orthos)
</dir>

I don't own that CPU but that seems a little hot to me anyways, I don't think it's necessarily your problem but it is something I'd fix regardless, my Q6600 didn't even come close to that @ 1.35vcore and 3.0ghz with a TRUE.

Latest posts