What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Plex server build questions.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Something is defintely wrong. AMD has supported HEVC encoding/decoding at a hardware level with their APU/GPU's since...a while ago?

Sounds to me like its brute forcing it via software/cpu, so it could very much be Plex support (doubtful) or plex setting (likely).

Edit; https://androidpctv.com/review-amd-ryzen-5-3400g-opinion/#VIDEO_AND_AUDIO_TESTS

She definitely supports 10 bit 4k H265.

Last edited:

JD

Staff member
Plex became "closed" first, Emby has started doing the same. A group of people forked Emby into Jellyfin which remains open. Depends what sort of features you're looking for I guess.

crazyea

The good thing is that plex supports direct playing a lot content to a lot of devices, so if you are careful with your files you can get away with having a hardware that isn't supported for transcoding .

clshades

Wait, I remember why we used a p2000 in the chalet Plex build. It will do more simultaneous streams than a regular video card. It's not limited. Just ignore all my other posts lol. Someone else mentioned it I think.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
The good thing is that plex supports direct playing a lot content to a lot of devices, so if you are careful with your files you can get away with having a hardware that isn't supported for transcoding .
Or I guess worst to worst just handbreak your non-supported files to support direct play through plex, as an alternative

Latest posts

Twitter