What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Plex server build questions.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
i built a new system for plex and can tell ya a amd ryzen 3200g is not enough dang thing runs full tilt so much so the media it serves laggs. turn plex off cpu isnt pegged at 90-100%

ill try again with the 7980xe see if plex soaks up all the cores in that.

clshades

i built a new system for plex and can tell ya a amd ryzen 3200g is not enough dang thing runs full tilt so much so the media it serves laggs. turn plex off cpu isnt pegged at 90-100%

ill try again with the 7980xe see if plex soaks up all the cores in that.

That doesn't sound right. I've run Plex on an Intel 6600 no problem. I don't doubt your prowess with computers tho. I wonder if it's the internal igpu that can't keep up or the cpu itself? Or does that cpu have an internal GPU?

Shadowarez

Folding Team
yeah it has a vega 8 gpu built in. i just thought of this i wonder if its defaulting in plex on windows to that setting make my cpu hurt.

crazyea

with a 3200g you should be able to do 3 streams of 1080p x264. If you are using x265 than it may not be enough. AS for the igpu last I heard plex doesn't support amd hardware transcoding. Could be different now. IDK.

EDIT:
Windows
  1. Windows native (DXVA2)*
  2. NVIDIA Decoder (NVDEC)
  3. software decoder (libavformat)

Shadowarez

Folding Team
yeah ill see if disabling the hardware acceleration works as i know plex works with cuda not open cl.

anabioz

I'd recommend nvidia cards for hardware transcoding (encoding), in particular P2000 or newer:

NOTE: Nvidia recently increased max con-current streams from 2-3 for non-pro cards.

djbrad

Emby supports hardware decoding / encoding on my 2400g, no problem with x264 / x265 10b. I would be surprised if Plex does not support it.

Latest posts