What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Poll: HWC Gaming/Ventrilo Server

Which game would you prefer for the initial server?

• Total voters

encorp

So I spoke with Gav and he asked me to post a poll and get some feedback. I would like to set HWC and it's members up with a gaming server and a Ventrilo server for their use.

I have in mind COD4 with a possible TF2 and or COD5 server when it is released.

The Ventrilo server would start out at a 50 member cap and I havn't exactly decided how I'd manage it's use but I may require people to use their forum names as log ins for the server so I can reserve their spots should others log in it. I intend to allow the server to be used for just about any game a HWC member would play online, not just the hosted game server.

Please vote in the poll and discuss below any other points you have. I am hoping to host the server as central in CANADA as I possibly can, I have current ones in Montreal that work well with many of my current US and CAN west coast players and they work wonderfully.

I'd really like to get a sense of how much the servers would be used and so on so please feel free to speak your mind!

Edit: I also told Gav that I would allow current forum mods to have access to the servers for mod/control privs if they chose, I'm in no way asking them to do more work but if they would like admin privs I am willing to set them up!

encorp

Haha Yeah I've got my servers too but I'd like to get everyone here more involved and playing together!

Infiniti

I play CoD4 from time to time, same with TF2, so if we can get a server for each game, that'll be great! :haha:

belgolas

hmm COD4 or TF2 but more preferably CS:S! This Christmas season there are so many multi-player games that look interesting. COD:WaW looks good too.

biff

I usually only game in the winter when it's too cold to fiddle around in the garage at night. So I usually get creamed by snot-nosed 14 y.o. kids when I do get around to gaming. At least if you get this server going I'll know who that snot nosed kid is!:biggrin:

This sounds like a great idea, and TBH I think using your forum name is a good idea, then you know who's who. BTW I voted for COD4.

encorp

I'd like to start with a COD4 because it's a great game, but I can see if there is enough interest expanding into other games. Once you get one server and a vent with a company, the next few are so cheap it's insane!

WolfBane

Well i have never played an online game yet but i would think cod4, or 5 would rock ! !!1 my team could use me for sniper bait i guess lol :)

Latest posts