What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

pool heater

Izerous

Folding Team
I gotta say sometimes it is the small things that really stand out. Like how the caps are tethered to the wall so the owner won't loose them, or drop them getting them dirty then having issues because they didn't clean them before putting them back on.

clshades

I gotta say sometimes it is the small things that really stand out. Like how the caps are tethered to the wall so the owner won't loose them, or drop them getting them dirty then having issues because they didn't clean them before putting them back on.
Everytime.

I'll get another photo when it's all buttoned up and the sparky does the wiring. I'm basically trying to trick this heat-on-demand into thinking someone is asking for hot water. Pump comes on - heating begins.

JD

Staff member
I'm basically trying to trick this heat-on-demand into thinking someone is asking for hot water. Pump comes on - heating begins.
I was going to ask, but I know nothing about pool heaters, so I don't even know how they work traditionally. That looks like a "normal" tankless water heater you've rigged up? Is it heating the re-circulated pool water or is it like a closed loop and just relies on radiant heat with the pool water flowing around it?

clshades

I was going to ask, but I know nothing about pool heaters, so I don't even know how they work traditionally. That looks like a "normal" tankless water heater you've rigged up? Is it heating the re-circulated pool water or is it like a closed loop and just relies on radiant heat with the pool water flowing around it?

The boiler is a closed loop. The 1st photo is the titanium heat exchanger. Pool water and boilers don't mix well. I don't recommend it.

Bond007

Interesting, and nice work. I would be curious to know how that would work out for heating cost vs a heat pump.

clshades

Interesting, and nice work. I would be curious to know how that would work out for heating cost vs a heat pump.

Gas is 9 times faster at heating the same amount of water compared to electricity. So unless it's a gas operated heat pump, gas fired heaters win everytime.

200,000 btu HOD unit heats 100 gals of water in 15 minutes to 140f

Latest posts