What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Possible Bulldozer price drop

moocow

Well if the price drop is confirmed, I'll probably just buy a cheap 8 core and swap out the 1055T in my server. Then I'll use my 1055T and replace my Q6600.

AkG

Its kinda sad to see AMD reduced to PR stunts like this. Anyone else remember when Intel tried the same thing (aka the "MHz Wars") to beat AMD's top dogs. Now AMD is doing it to try and match (and beat in some instances) Intel mid teir line via shear speed. You just KNOW that FX chip is going to run boiling hot and suck down power like theres no tomorrow...just like Intel's did back in the day. This is NOT what AMD needs to do. AMD needs to indeed price drop the BDs (and die shrink PII) but they do NOT need to further the BD's rep for running hot and energy inefficient!

Sad, sad day.

sswilson

Staff member
That said.... $185 for their top end BD proc? If (and it's a big if) we actually see those kind of prices, I might consider picking one up for the sabertooth and replace the Athlon X2 with the 1090t.

frontier204

I guess the people who don't research will like the 4.0GHz number, but the clock boost still won't help the way Bulldozers are outclassed by a stock Core i3 in gaming. Who'll be the next AMD executive to go?

Silent_Avenger

Its kinda sad to see AMD reduced to PR stunts like this. Anyone else remember when Intel tried the same thing (aka the "MHz Wars") to beat AMD's top dogs. Now AMD is doing it to try and match (and beat in some instances) Intel mid teir line via shear speed. You just KNOW that FX chip is going to run boiling hot and suck down power like theres no tomorrow...just like Intel's did back in the day. This is NOT what AMD needs to do. AMD needs to indeed price drop the BDs (and die shrink PII) but they do NOT need to further the BD's rep for running hot and energy inefficient!

Sad, sad day.
+1 to the PII die shrink. Also would be sweet to see a PII x8 but now I'm just fantasizing. :thumb:

Latest posts

Twitter