What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Post Your Desk

mchutch

PETG

It seems first time out PETG would be good, then another time try acrylic to take it up a notch lol.

lowfat

Staff member

Haven't got around to moving the posters over and up yet. Didn't go crazy OCD on the cable management. The previous setup I screwed all the cables to the back of the desk. Was an absolute nightmare to remove the ROG Swift and install the VG248QE.

Last edited:

ThereIs0nly0ne

I love that desk :thumb: What is it?
Thank you very much. It's a heavily customised one of these:

I wanted a base to work with that was a small form factor and as sturdy as possible with a vanity board so I could hide the various cables etc.

I made the side panels and monitor shelf and wrapped it in blackboard vinyl (tough / durable / textured). It's a small desk and I didn't want the monitor stand taking over too much of the desk so I embedded the monitor pole into the shelf:

Detailing:

I tried to keep the design in-step with all my other DIY project builds in the room - basically deep bevels and sharp angles. Probably not applicable to this thread, but here goes:

Racing rig with integrated Rift sensor:

Arcade cabinet:

Console style cabinet:

They're all hooked up to the main PC. I'm still adding things to the sim rig and also currently working on a space simulation seat.

lowfat

Staff member
Pretty poor pic. Added a Dell S2716DG. Was actually able to get more usable desk space due to better speaker placement. QNIX QX2710 @ 84Hz on left. S2716DG @ 120Hz ULMB center. Asus VG248QE @ 120Hz Lightboost on right.

rjbarker

Im not a big fan of cable management ..hahahahahah....
Stay tuned....I'll post pics once Vega migrates to a case with a 3 Rad Custom Loop !!!

Stay tuned.......