What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Post Your Desk

pcgamer

The two monitor setup is using a VIVO Dual Monitor Arm Mount. It looks like PVC but it is a metal pipe which supports the two arms. I've used the arms to conceal all the wires and the USB-C hub. Power wires are running through the wall down and exit below the desk where there are power outlets. I should really get a wireless mouse and keyboard to clean up the extra wires you see attached to the pole. The single monitor setup is using a Husky Tilt Swivel Articulating Mount to achieve the hovering screen look. The wires are all running through the wall to under desk. Pictures for both are attached.

I see what you mean by the PVC pipe idea and that would definitely work to clean things up. Specially if there is no wall behind it run cables through.

Attachments

bjcsoln

Can you add some extra pictures on how you mounted the monitor to the PVC and such. This gave me an excellent ideas for cable management in the office where I have rows of desks to deal with. Some 2.5-3 PVC with a slot cut out on a table saw and collars every 2 feet to account for the cut out plastic would make for a cheap and hidden cable tray large enoughh to even fit the power strips into etc.
Okay - let me add some new pictures at the end of this thread..

bjcsoln

Okay - here is an expanded update on my monitor mounting (and cable mgmt in general) - I decided to try using (in this case 2.5" PVC) tubing as a way to hide all of the cables, mount the monitor, and in general look kind've cool. Overall it turned out better then I expected, and the PVC tubing was super easy to work with. I do recommend spray painting it just for that little extra flair.

For the monitor mount, I used a monitor mount from Matthews Studio Equipment - this mount is meant to mount to tubes. Only problem I had was that I couldn't clamp the mount tight enough (without fear of breaking the PVC - its meant to clamp to metal tubes) and the monitor mount would slip - this was fixed by adding a couple of screws into the PVC that stopped the mount from slipping.

From there - just a matter of running all of the cabling, buying a few extensions, and in the end worked out amazing IMO. Here are some of the highlights:

The only WIP shot: using PVC end caps, I screwed them to the wall (using anchors) - and then from there, it was super easy to stick in the rest of the tubing. This first shot are the wall connections for the monitor - its a horizontal run, but I had to add one short vertical run for support:

1588974155496.png

bjcsoln

Here is the final configuration: Monitor will mount on the left, some outputs to go to the desk (for kybd/mouse, etc), the runs going down to the floor ultimately connect up to the Rogers CAT cable, main AC input, and for the subwoofer (on the far bottom right). I added a couple of shelves up high where there are connections to the NAS, router, and AppleTV (which has an HDMI that runs through the wall to the main TV on the other side)

1588974333550.png

bjcsoln

Here is a close-up of the monitor mount - it has multiple swivel options so it was pretty easy to get it into place:
1588974474712.png

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
That endcap to the wall trick is slick.

Did you bother gluing the pipes at all? I feel like (other than the monitor maybe?) there isnt enough weight on anything to have to worry about gluing them?

Izerous

Folding Team
Thank you so much for posting the extra images gives me more than a few ideas to improve a couple things I had planned.

bjcsoln

That endcap to the wall trick is slick.

Did you bother gluing the pipes at all? I feel like (other than the monitor maybe?) there isnt enough weight on anything to have to worry about gluing them?
I didn't end up glueing them - there was enough friction fit that held everything in - except for the horizontal run that the monitor was mounted on. For that one, I used some short wood screws (black), 2 at each end) just to stop it from spinning.

And yea, when I figured out the end cap thing (as a way to get it to attach to the wall), everything else pretty much fell into place. Really happy about how it turned out.

Bartacus

It's too bad Nvidia surround doesn't work for dis-similar displays, oherwise I could be gaming in 9440 x 1440, LOL! I put all 3 of my g-sync screens together just for fun, but can't game like this:

Latest posts

Twitter