What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Post Your Desk

crispex

I can't post a picture of my current desk, but I'll give you an idea.

That little brown chest on the left side of iSlay's picture... has two drawers and barely enough space for the mouse?

Yeah. Something pretty much like that has been my desk for the past year. I do have a good reason for it, but I'd like to say that that's irrelevant to this thread. :biggrin:

BrainEater

I went through my yearly 'network spring cleaning' this weekend.New rack setup...got all the new equipment in.

-----

This setup will change as I improve the airflow/'quietness'....

:thumb:

Chilly

Lint? WHEREz!

I went through my yearly 'network spring cleaning' this weekend.New rack setup...got all the new equipment in.

-----

This setup will change as I improve the airflow/'quietness'....

I'm liking the rack and dual monitors setup alot, but... What's the lint roller for?

Lithotech

I'm liking the rack and dual monitors setup alot, but... What's the lint roller for?
I'm also liking the rack. What are the open electronics and metal box under the switch?

Under them I can see a KVM, two APC UPSs, and a cable modem. Then a spare or dead PC?

Inspires me to improve my own layout.

BrainEater

Thx guys !

I made that rack from scratch to match the desk it's under.

The equipment list is as follows (top down)

Dell powerconnect 2724 24 port , semi managed Gbit switch

The 'Open electronics/metal box' is the "routerofdoom" ....Built from scratch again...
-p3 coppermine 800 w/ 768 Mb pc133 ram , on an Asus p3v4x mobo...
-3x Intel pro 1000's
-2x dlink dwl-g520 wifi cards..
- built into a 1.5u chassis.....It runs pfsense....most badass router evar !!

4 port KVM

2x APC BackUPS 1200 RS ups'

The bottom rig is AGP1 :

IBM netvista p4 1.8 Ghz , 512 ram , ATI 3850 agp video.....This is a dedicated folding rig...

------

Here's some better shots of the routerofdoom ;

---

Making your own rack is quite easy , if you can find the rails....I took the back set off my CLS rack (the one the thinktank is on) .

bojangles

I've been a member here for a long time and I've yet to post my desk. It is not time to reveal itself, of course after a little bit of cleaning.

As you can see my desk has a ton of paper on it. Those are all reports I've written in the last week and a bit. LIFE IS HELL right now. You can also see that I love my Nintendo 64. That system has been such a life waster, but for good reasons!

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Latest posts

Twitter