What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Post Your Desk

dmccaulley

And here's a dark shot to show off the cathode I wasted :haha:

IMG_1483.jpg

i kinda like the glow behind the monitor, pretty cool =)

Lpfan4ever

Interestingly, my upper cathode is in the same place as yours, and is also lopsided. It is a naturale place to mount the thing, but if using zipties the thing refuses to sit perfectly horizontal.
Heh, that is indeed a bit odd.

fefox

Oooo! A Sun box! :D
Specs!

Sun Ultra 5, 440mhz Ultra SPARC Processor, 1gb RAM, DVD writer, 5x100mb Ethernet ports, 40gb IDE hard drive, Sun PGX24 (ATI Mach64), 4 MB VRAM.

currently in use as a web cache/proxy (squid under linux)

1999 Price $2500.00 sans the DVD writer & the quad ethernet
Intel's fastest processor at the time was the PIII 500 MHz, which ran about $800 just for the processor.
The Ultra 5 was one of Sun's most controversial systems. To bring the price down, it was among the first series of Sun systems to use an IDE drive instead of SCSI.

Chilly

As most here know, I'm back at the parents due to my monetary situation(actually, I have been for months). Since I do not have room/space in my bedroom, or anywhere else for that matter, I have been relgated to using an old computer table in the living room beside the TV.

I present yo you, the mess;
dsc03839v.jpg

dsc03845ize.jpg

Arinoth

Staff member
Hey just like me Chilly, except i don't really have much of a computer desk at home other then what the main part of my setup is on. The tube tv isn't mine, its my parents that has been in the basement for about half a year and used to be their main tv until they got a new LCD tv. I think what's going to be more amusing to see is my desk set up at university this fall with all this crap (minus the CRT monitor)

img1476hjj.jpg

img1477g.jpg

img1478s.jpg

img1479hld.jpg

img1480p.jpg

WolfBane

Ok this isn't as neat or as nice a system as most of you guys but i really like it !!!:)
Now mind you the wife cleans alot lol :)

My desk looks like this every day no matter what i do to make it messy :)
Just the wife is a cleanaholic:)

29n7xq0.jpg

Last edited:

CroSsFiRe2009

Man arinoth...be careful bringing all that nice hardware to uni. Would be a sad day if it gets nicked. Oh and are you bringing your speaker setup to uni? Would be a bit....no, excessive is not the right word.....INSANE with those mosters goin at it in a uni dorm XD

Latest posts