What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Post Your Desk

lowfat

Staff member
Jeez that's a lot. I'm guessing you grabbed most of 'em when bluray became the standard?

I was a fan of HD-DVD before they dropped out of the race (as it was the superior choice :haha:). But yes I did buy a ton of them after they started getting dirt cheap. I also *had* about the same number of blurays until they got stolen :angry2:

But once the disc is ripped they are identical anyways. So whatever is cheaper is good for me.

odis172

I also *had* about the same number of blurays until they got stolen :angry2:

Funny you should mention that, I was just thinking, if someone broke into your place they would have a hayday in your living room, along with all of your data :doh:
Dont think id feel comfortable having all that hardware on display, storage would be hiding between some floor boards or in a safe :p Thx for postin the pic lowfat.

llama_egg

Glad to see someone using the M-Audio Q40's! Honestly speaking, they have amazing sound quality for the price! How are you liking them lowfat?

lowfat

Staff member
Funny you should mention that, I was just thinking, if someone broke into your place they would have a hayday in your living room, along with all of your data :doh:
Dont think id feel comfortable having all that hardware on display, storage would be hiding between some floor boards or in a safe :p Thx for postin the pic lowfat.
The thieves were stupid and only stole my TV and movies. The movies were actually hidden in the closet too. Left the HTPC, home theater, and all my storage :thumb:
Glad to see someone using the M-Audio Q40's! Honestly speaking, they have amazing sound quality for the price! How are you liking them lowfat?

I enjoy them. That is once you get use to the tension. I've had them for about a year and a half now. The ear cushions are worn out and I can't find replacements for them. I also find the imaging a little on the weak side. I have a lot of problems w/ directionality in games. And after an hour or two my ears start to get soar. But musically they are pretty damn awesome for the price.

llama_egg

Aye, I know what you mean, they have quite a bit of a clamp to them, though I have somewhat gotten use to it by now. Apparently you can stretch each side a bit at a time and eventually it won't be so tight. Also, not sure if they are available in Canada, but I've heard DT770 Velour Earpads are an amazing mix with the Q40's, not to mention more comfortable to boot.

And where did you get your table from? I've been looking for something simple and clean.

lowfat

Staff member
Aye, I know what you mean, they have quite a bit of a clamp to them, though I have somewhat gotten use to it by now. Apparently you can stretch each side a bit at a time and eventually it won't be so tight. Also, not sure if they are available in Canada, but I've heard DT770 Velour Earpads are an amazing mix with the Q40's, not to mention more comfortable to boot.

And where did you get your table from? I've been looking for something simple and clean.

I casn't find the DT770 eadpads in Canada anywhere.

My desk is from Ikea.

ontariotl

My new setup after cleaning up.

P1010417.jpg

P1010409.jpg

P1010410.jpg

P1010423.jpg

ontariotl

Nice system you gots there. Any reason why you don't have the center display as your primary?

My center is primary when looking at the internet or working on files, the sides are for msn chat, video or music player. I prefer shortcuts on the left most monitor so I can click them without minimizing the center monitor.

Latest posts