What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Post your Home Theatre

ZaP

My HTPC so far

The HTPC is getting really dated but here it is so far.

Just scored a McIntosh MC2125 (Needs new faceplate and blue LED upgrade hence white meters) for $40 and Polk SDA SRS for $100.

These are coming down stairs this weekend and getting new cloth.

The HTPC is getting really dated but here it is so far.

Just scored a McIntosh MC2125 (Needs new faceplate and blue LED upgrade hence white meters) for $40 and Polk SDA SRS for $100.

sswilson

Staff member
You scored those polks for $100????? I'm jealous as hell!

I'm still rocking a set of SDA 1s. (original owner)

ZaP

The SDA 1B's in the top picture are mint and I scored them for $400 six years ago. I'm going to do a crossover upgrade with daughter when the SRS are in place then do the SRS's and sell them. They are just too heavy to deal with.

Nine hours of driving to get the SDA SRS but well worth it.

Which SDA 1's are yours and what are you using to driving them?

daaayum!!! :D
Are those chairs inflatable and if so where did you find them?

Glad you posted the Baetis link. Gonna check that out.

Last edited by a moderator:

sswilson

Staff member
IMG_8621.jpg

1Cs. Driving them with a cheezy onkyo amp as I couldn't afford to keep repairing the high end pioneer amp set I originally had with them (M90 / C90 I believe).

Only thing I've needed to do was bypass the electronic fuze (whatever the hell they called it) to the two sets of tweeters.

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
I see your basement reno is progressing nicely ;)
Heh... it's only one short run wall that needs finishing, but.... I'm starting to realise that if I leave it undone, I don't have to worry about my better half coming up with new ideas for it....... ;)

ZaP

View attachment 26287

1Cs. Driving them with a cheezy onkyo amp as I couldn't afford to keep repairing the high end pioneer amp set I originally had with them (M90 / C90 I believe).

Only thing I've needed to do was bypass the electronic fuze (whatever the hell they called it) to the two sets of tweeters.

IMG you need to get a real amp on those SDA 1C's you will be shocked how good they sound when they get real amps. The first time I tried the McIntosh MC2125 on it I was floored. The guys in the Polk forum told me to upgrade the crossover and tweeters and those SDA 1's can easily compete with speakers worth $5000-$7000. Get a real amp though like Bryston, McIntosh, Pass Labs if you can.

Did you bypass the tweeters according to the recommendations in the Polk Forum? Before I got the McIntosh I set the max output to about 50% to protect the speakers. The amazing thing about the McIntosh is the protection circuit in it. You can max that amp out and it will never damage the speakers. Tried it for about an hour and was pleasantly amazed how happy my SDA 1B's were.

When I redo mine I'll be putting a real wood veneer on it.

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
IMG you need to get a real amp on those SDA 1C's you will be shocked how good they sound when they get real amps. The first time I tried the McIntosh MC2125 on it I was floored. The guys in the Polk forum told me to upgrade the crossover and tweeters and those SDA 1's can easily compete with speakers worth $5000-$7000. Get a real amp though like Bryston, McIntosh, Pass Labs if you can.

Did you bypass the tweeters according to the recommendations in the Polk Forum? Before I got the McIntosh I set the max output to about 50% to protect the speakers. The amazing thing about the McIntosh is the protection circuit in it. You can max that amp out and it will never damage the speakers. Tried it for about an hour and was pleasantly amazed how happy my SDA 1B's were.

When I redo mine I'll be putting a real wood veneer on it.
Yes, this is actually my thread over on the PA forums...

SDA 1 crossover Fuzes? — Polk Audio

I didn't do the best of jobs shorting them out at that time, but earlier this year I took the time to remove the CCT boards and soldered them properly.

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Latest posts

Twitter