What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Post your Network

Rhinofart

British Columbia. The Okanagan to be exact.
Whipping it out!!

I'm not bashfull!! My wife hates that about me. Let's see. Main office in Vernon, BC...Why? I have no Idea except for the Big Wiggs like to live here. Accounting office in Edmonton.... Financial office in Montreal..... European customer service London, England with an additional EU office on The Isle of Man in Douglas which is just off Englands coast... Customer service in San Jose Costa Rica, US customer settlement division in Sacramento California, and the Financial office in Nicosia Cypress. And yes, luckily I have to go to each of the offices at least once every 9 - 12 months depending on how the business model is growing and such. Don't bother asking what we do, I can't say.:ph34r: One thing I can say is THANK GOD I LIVE IN CANADA!!!!!:canadianwave:

Il Duce

di524 and other 2 crappy 604 cards.

Last edited by a moderator:

MacJunky

Router: 450Mhz G3 Graphite SE DV iMac (ocd from 400) running Mac OS 10.4 (56k v.90 modem to 10/100Base-T Ethernet and FireWire 400)
Switch 1: ST Lab 5 port, 10/100 Nway Switch​
WAP 1: Linksys WAP54G version 3​
Gateway 1: 33Mhz 68LC040 Macintosh Performa 580CD running Mac OS 8.1 (Ethernet to LocalTalk)​
Switch 2: 3Com Office Connect Switch 5 3C16793​
Gateway 2(of sorts): Asante Mini EN/SC 10T (Ethernet to DB-25 SCSI)​

kloostec

Ok, I've got a Shaw cable modem providing Internet service. That goes into router PC. The router pc runs Linux with IPTables to NAT the rest of the network, and also does DHCP, Windows/Linux filesharing (Samba/NFS), Bittorrent (rtorrent), and runs the network activity LCD ( P5030297 ).

Router PC shares connection out to an 8 port Freedom9 gigabit switch. Connected to the gigabit switch are: my desktop PC, girlfriend's desktop PC, experimental PC, La Fonera wireless, and Dlink wireless. La Fonera provides WPA-protected access for my Wii and Laptop, and Dlink provides WEP secured Nintendo DS access only when it's plugged in.

Router (also functions as NAS):

AMD Sempron 3200+ AM2
1 GB Crucial DDR2-667
40GB Seagate 2.5" laptop drive (always on)
4x500 GB Seagate 7200.10 SATA2 desktop drives RAID5 (all power down after 20 minutes of inactivity)

Desktop:

Core 2 Duo E6320
2x1GB Patriot DDR2-800
250GB Samsung SATA2
GeForce 6800GS
20" Acer al2016w LCD

Laptop:

RFD Dell 640m

kcksteve

my network
>SpeedStream DSL Modem with Wireless
>>Dlink Broadband router
>>>PC1
>>>PC2
>>>PC3
>>>Xbox 360 1337 :]
>>>Asante 12port switch (with 80mm + 120mm fans)
>>>>My PC
>>>>My Server

Last edited:

lcdguy

Folding Team
Ok so my network has changed yet again :).

Speedstream 516 DSL Modem
-> Netgear Prosafe Router
-> Cisco 2501 Router A
-> Cisco 2501 Router B
-> Cisco Catalyst 5002 Switch
-> Desktop PC (Nic2)
-> Netgear 24 Port Managed Switch
-> Desktop PC (Nic 1)
-> Mail Server
-> Web Server
-> WiFI AP
-> Netgear 16 Port Unmanged Switch
-> HTPC

The cisco equipment is on my dev network and everything else is on my live network. Once i get all of my networking gear mounted and wired up i will take a pic.

here is a diagram i did in DIA since i haven't bothered to install visio yet on my pc.

mikemaher

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/mikemaher/?action=view&current=Diagram1.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts