What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Post your WaterCooled PC pics here thread

Lpfan4ever

I use a Nikon D5200 with a couple different lenses, but mainly the Nikon 40mm f/2.8 Macro. I'd think if you don't want to go too nuts into the SLR world, maybe look at a Micro Four Thirds camera?

akira749

Hi,

I never posted pictures of my recent build here (sorry my build log is on OCN) so I will at least post some final pictures. Some are overexposed but it's not always easy to photograph it :biggrin:

Have a nice day! :thumb:

lowfat

Staff member
:thumb:

Sleeving looks good. Shade 19 + Colour X?

A bit of heatshrink over all of the PCIe cables could clean it up a bit if you have some larger heatshrink.

akira749

:thumb:

Sleeving looks good. Shade 19 + Colour X?

A bit of heatshrink over all of the PCIe cables could clean it up a bit if you have some larger heatshrink.
Thanks! That kind of comment coming from you is very appreciated since I decided to try sleeving after seeing the work that you've done!

Yes it's Shade19 and Color-X

Do you have an example of what it would look because I'm trying to figure how it would look to put a heatshrink over the cables?

Thanks again! :thumb:

lowfat

Staff member
Thanks! That kind of comment coming from you is very appreciated since I decided to try sleeving after seeing the work that you've done!

Yes it's Shade19 and Color-X

Do you have an example of what it would look because I'm trying to figure how it would look to put a heatshrink over the cables?

Thanks again! :thumb:
WARNING: HORRIBLE PICTURE INCOMING. :whistle:

But something like this. That is SATA sized heatshrink used here. You would need to remove the 6-pin connector to get it over. Or you could use the larger heatshrink (which you can see on my 24-pin in previos photos) go over two 6-pin (or even all four) cables at the same time.

Reaper2794

I'll be holding my cables together with something, but definitely not heatshrink like that ^ because that really doesn't look good at all :(

lowfat

Staff member
I'll be holding my cables together with something, but definitely not heatshrink like that ^ because that really doesn't look good at all :(
It looks a lot better then zip ties, or sewing thread (now that IMO looks awful), or those 3 and 4 piece wire holders. Heatshrink is as good as it will get. Normally you would hide it behind the motherboard tray but in his case (and mine) that isn't possible.

Latest posts

Twitter