What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Post your WaterCooled PC pics here thread

OneManHitSquad

the aluminum piece is part of an electronics "project" box...approx 6 1/4" by 9 1/4" ...like you might find at Fry's or online...Radio Shack only has plastic ones (which was the original idea) but that would have required cutting and the aluminum one is a "clam shell" of two pieces

sswilson

Staff member
Already posted these in my worklog, but figured I'd drop them into the proper thread as well. :)

3349e0d3c7e6407.jpg

3349e0d3c7f2339.jpg

Not as pretty as most of the rigs here, but it's functional. (I love that huge res.... did wonders for keeping the microbubbles out of the loop... :) ).​

sswilson

Staff member
If you put a fan over that passive res, will it lower your temps by much?

I doubt it very much. The surface area of water that's in contact with the res sides is pretty small compared to the surface area inside the rad.

Once the loop is broken in I'll give it a try though to see.

Tricky

If you put a fan over that passive res, will it lower your temps by much?

In this pic I happen to have "Antec" Spot Fan behind my Pink Res.....
See the Screw and Bolt that's the Spot Fan minus the blue leds (I snipped off the LED lights carefully)mounted inside the 2x 5 1/4" bay that my IMON Ultra Bay is in. Pretty much hollow in there so I wired in the "Antec" Spot fan on "HIGH" to my AeroCool Easywatch which will auto regulate any fan you connect to it by using the Temp Sensors of the Easywatch. So I put the CASE temp sensor on the upper back side on my Pink Res...and the Antec Spot Fan behind blowing on it below the sensor! AeroCool does the rest... At idle the Fan is 2400 rpm or 25C on load it goes up to 2700 rmp to about 30C.
Tricky-PC073.jpg

Mattu

Here is my antec 900 loop I just finished.

d-tek db-1
Swiftech 120mm rad
Alphacool NexXxoS cpu block
pure distilled water! (pt nuke and g11 are in the mail)

it is cooling my e8400 at ~30 C idle and ~42 C load

haha, I still need to secure the pump
img1005j.jpg

img1008w.jpg

Latest posts