What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Posting so you can laugh at me.

FreqE1

So I spent the better part of the last 12 hours re-installing Vista and configuring everything. Things on the comp had gotten pretty screwy due to me doing mean things to it so I thought a fresh install would be a good idea.

Everything was going along just swimmingly until it came to the sound card. No matter what I tried I could not get my Mic to work. I want to get on the new CoD4 server and needed the Mic working badly. So I tried everything I could think of. I installed and uninstalled sooooo many times with different releases of drivers for my card, messed around in the control panel, messed around with the sound cards own settings and I kept coming up blank.

Unfortunately the on-board sound crackles and pops with a constant ticking in the background so there was no going to that! I was stuck on this issue for at least 3 hours, :censored: was I getting frustrated.

I finally found the problem,

it was right there under my nose the whole time,

can you guess?

On my headphone cord,

just under the volume dial,

Yup, the :censored: ing Mic mute button!:doh: I'm an idiot.

Always, always check the most obvious, simple things first.

You can laugh and throw non pointy objects at me now, I earned it.

SugarJ

Staff member
I've done that too. Took me a couple hours to figure it out the first time. And don't worry, the mic isn't a must to be on the COD4 server, although you will need it for the Ventrilo server so you can taunt my sorry a$$ after you frag me.

FreqE1

I expect to be the fragged not the fraggie but we'll see. I'm a very slow typer and I look at the keys so any real time on line communication is best done with a Mic for me.

I'm not being too hard on myself. I wasn't in the greatest mood trying to figure it out but the instant I saw the mute button I just laughed. I just though I'd share my ridiculous morning.

Jon_di2

I'll laugh at you!! :haha::rofl:

Side note though, I've had trouble with sound before :sad: My monitor started making a high pitch squeeling noise and I couldn't figure it out for sooo long. Didn't think of it, but it had internal speakers that I wasn't using... so the cord that goes from the monitor to my computer was laying on the power bar and feeding power into my monitor speakers :sad:.

ps. We all blame windows for are problems before checking other things! :canadianwave:

Neolithium_Wpg

Before I started using the front panel for my headset mic, I forgot to even plug the thing in a few times...sitting on Ventrilo for half an hour going "Test...can you hear me" Good times

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
Let's laugh at me!

I just opened a pack of kD and dumped the cheese sauce straight into the boiling water. As in opened up the packet and poured it into the water instead of the noodles.

computers rot your brain.

BALISTX

Let's laugh at me!

I just opened a pack of kD and dumped the cheese sauce straight into the boiling water. As in opened up the packet and poured it into the water instead of the noodles.

computers rot your brain.
I hoped you dumped the water.

Quick solution for you. If you have Cheeze Wiz, just melt it in the microwave and pour it over the noodles then mix it up.

Latest posts

Twitter