What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Potheads 🌿 Cannabis IQ

sherwind2010

So, cannabis.

What do you think. I myself have never smoked cannabis or cigarettes. Order online all over Canada and only ships by Canada Post. Now it is going to smell like a swamp around town according to Washington State USA.

Should I light up or I'm really not missing anything.

GregH

Like you I've never smoked either. Can't stand the smell of both. At least cigarette smoke dissipates after a while though, while marijuana seems to linger.
I'm just happy that PEI has decided that it can only be smoked in your own home, not in public.
AB was going the opposite route and treating it the same as tobacco. Glad we moved if they're sticking with that stance.

Shadowmeph

well think of it this way a joint we called stupid stick why you ask it is because it makes you stupid your logic isn't all there and you are more then likely to take risks I used to be involved in allot of grow ops back when BC pot was huge and won the world championship for strength and every op that I went to to check up on the people growing were major pot head I mean they smoke joints to themselves the size of a cigarette and they smoked them as often as cigarettes ( at least 1 per hour) and every single one of them did real stupid crap which is why i would sent to check up on all the grow ops like 25+ I used to smoke it and then I stopped when the quality went to crap ( early mid 1980s)like it has been for several years don't get me wrong its strong but it is all the same it like the difference of moonshine to quality whiskey . I would never smoke it again . people that need it for pain shouldn't smoke it either make tea for the body high and make dam sure it was grown correctly because the idiots that I had to check up on would use the illegal bug bombs ( bought in the US) when they had a insect infestation then they wouldn't change out the water or wash the plants off so all that crap that was used to kill the bugs would pollute the water and then go into the plant I could go on for a long time about how stupid it was for the gov to legalize pot but I wont .

enaberif

This thread simply goes to show the complete miseducation on the whole topic itself...

Ignorance really must be bliss.

Shadowmeph

I know through 20 yrs ( off and on) personal experience lol I dont need that Crap. basically all this legalization is a huge money grab which hey I get but then when more people start getting lung cancers and other problems with there lungs because of the easy availability of it . I give it 10 years when people will notice a huge difference in the way people are and also our health care system that is already over taxed. I mean a drink on the week end a joint on the week end is no bige deal but pot stay in your system for weeks not days that alone has to say something isn't right lol almost everything I have read on either side on the net is incorrect or half truths .

FreeKnight

So, cannabis.

What do you think. I myself have never smoked cannabis or cigarettes. Order online all over Canada and only ships by Canada Post. Now it is going to smell like a swamp around town according to Washington State USA.

Should I light up or I'm really not missing anything.

Should you light up? Well that depends what you want out of it. There's a disgusting amount of bad information from both sides. From the pro-pot groups that will tell you it's a miracle cure all (it isn't), it kills cancer (it doesn't) and has no side effects (it does). On the other hand the anti-pot voices will go full refer madness and tell you it'll turn you into an idiot, make you loser who quits his job and eats doritos all day and is a drain on society. Both are probably drastically exaggerating the uses/harms of the drug.

Because Marijuana was a Schedule 1 drug in the USA and fully illegal along with Heroin, Cocaine, LSD, there's a real lack of quality medical studies and meta-studies to get accurate info. A brief summary is available on SBM here; https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/medical-marijuana-where-is-the-evidence/

The general 'benefits' that people generally associate with MJ will be;
- Potential relief of pain, nausea (not guaranteed)
- Increase of appetite (useful for people with eating difficulties, such as due to chemotherapy treatment, obviously not a benefit if you're already a fat slob :haha:)
- Reduction of anxiety/stress

The general 'side-effects' you usually hear are;
- Disorientation, psychologically erratic behavior (paranoia being the famous one)
- Reduction in cognition/alertness

- Cardiovascular strain (increased heart rate, blood vessel dilation, etc)
- Respitory irritation (probably not worse than from smoking).

The actual lethal dose toxicity of cannabids is really high, so barring an unexpected severe allergy it's *safe* in the sense that you're pretty much physically incapable of overdosing unless you made an active effort to kill yourself.

Long term effects are generally summed up as 'unknown' or 'requires further research'. There's evidence (and reason) to suspect smoking it is still bad for your lungs. It has more Ammonia and Hydrogen cyanide than cigarettes for example, but doesn't produce as many CAHs. Pot activists will sometimes say it's perfectly safe to smoke, but honestly, inhaling any carbonized (aka burnt) substance is going to be bad for your lungs. There's actually a few WHO papers floating around that showed countries that relied on kerosene stoves have a increase in lung cancer. Similar results have been found in wood/campfire smoke and dozens of occupationally related smoke inhalation (welders for example).

It's probably impossible to say if it's higher/lower risk than cigarettes to smoke. You could use some form of edible or oil and avoid smoking which will probably be as 'safe' as you can. My personal suspicion is that we'll still find some evidence that there's health risks with regular ingestion too (much like the eventual realization that regular use of over the counter pain relievers are linked with ulcers).

TL;DR: So if you want to try it go ahead. If you don't, then don't try it. Just make the decision like you would if you were deciding if you wanted to try drinking. Just don't buy into the 'miracle pot' or 'reefer madness' bullshit on the extremes of the spectrum.

For the record, I don't partake, but I also don't drink normally either. It should be legal for basically the same reasons as booze and the prohibition arguments against it are similar (though not identical).

Latest posts

Twitter