What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Potheads 🌿 Cannabis IQ

enaberif

Legal pot doesn't necessarily correlate to 'easier to get'. You just said it yourself, you were able to obtain pot easily enough when it was illegal. With legalization, the hope is the black market dries up as smokers choose to purchase through legal channels because they will have more choice, no chance of arrest and can be assured that the product is what it is and not mixed with other foreign product that could make the product more hazardous.

Black market will never die. Commercial will simply be no where near the same as home grown.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
When it's retailing for ~$3200 per pound at the BC stores, the black market won't die. It will shrink some, yes, but not go away. If I was a toker, I'd be growing my own in a closet at that price. Besides, I think a large portion of the BC bud being grown doesn't stay here, but transports to places where it's still not legal.

Bartacus

Black market will never die. Commercial will simply be no where near the same as home grown.

It *could* be, but probably *won't* be. I think a lot of hard core guys are going to find out very quickly that the 'strong' stuff the veterans prefer will be uber-expensive. I'm already seeing stories of people complaining about the price, and also the fact that the price for the exact same stuff is priced differently between provinces.

sswilson

Staff member
I'm curious to see how many folks decide to try growing a few plants next summer.... I don't partake myself, but there are already some preliminary plans on where the best sunlight would be for a few plants.... ;)

enaberif

I'm curious to see how many folks decide to try growing a few plants next summer.... I don't partake myself, but there are already some preliminary plans on where the best sunlight would be for a few plants.... ;)

Even still you'll want some actual lights to grow. Requires more than sunlight. :whistle:

lowfat

Staff member
Sun light grown weed is seriously inferior. Proper lighting will get you 5x or more the yield from a single plant.

gingerbee

Cree 3590 or Vero 29 gen 7 are some of the best led grow lights going have been building these for many friends who know nothing about led lights for the last 5 plus years and can tell you those leds rock, amazing lumen per watt. you can also go medium level led with the Samsung 561c but you will need to buy a quantum board not just buy the LEDs.

if you want a quantum board just type 304 quantum board into google and you will get some decent boards on Amazon or aliexpress. You can build all these LEDs light setups in Canada pretty cheap just try and get some good heatsinks if you want to run fanless.

For the Cree or Vero COB's go to digikey.ca and for the drivers, mouser.ca is great good luck all

PS A blend of 4000 and 3000 Kelvin work great covers you through veg+flower with one light

sswilson

Staff member
That's not going to happen here though... I'm not interested in allowing them to be grown inside. I do know however that folks successfully grow full height plants outdoors here in NB.

G

Here is the thing about that 4 plant rule, your not going to get anywhere, You will want plants that are budding ( flowering ) , then you will need a mother plant for clones, those clones are going to need to root and grow before you bud them so they need to be vegetating. At 4 plants your not going to get anywhere, sure outdoor is doable but never as good a indoor, add in all the idiots that are now going to try growing and you have male pollen flying everywhere. So now that outdoor is seeding...... like I said your not going to get anywhere.

Valkyrie

Yeah....but the drug squad is probably not going to show up and bust your chops if you have six or eight. Just if you have sixty or eighty. They could, but not likely.

Used to get by with relatively few plants for one light medicinal user. It's been a while, not sure how many, but yeah it was more than four IIRC.

Edit: Miss memory banks says it was six....so there you go....:biggrin:

Last edited:

Latest posts