What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

power bars with power switch covers

Mr. Friendly

I would have thought power switch covers would be popular, but they're not as I asked my CyberPower, Tripp Lite and APC reps for options and they all came back with negatives.

I only need a power bar, no surge protection as I have it off one of the UPS battery back up plugs.

anyone know of any other reputable brand that may have something like this?

oh...the why? my fidgeting caused my foot to flick the power off and shut down my system and stuff. :p

Mr. Friendly

Mr. Friendly

JD

Staff member
As a "free" option, wall mount your surge protector so you don't hit it with your feet? Or zip tie it to your desk leg or something?

Izerous

Folding Team
oh...the why? my fidgeting caused my foot to flick the power off and shut down my system and stuff. :p
The lazy fix... the reason I did this is this is an older house and some of the wall outlets are controlled by this switch. Multiple times kids reached up to turn on lights etc and kill power to the TV etc.

There are covers that remove 2 screws from the cover then screw in overplace.

As far as your powerbar goes taping the switch in place is an easy solution to prevent accidental triggering but a cover velcroed in place (just wrap it around) would likely work better..
20201231_135441.jpg

Latest posts

Twitter